Matthew Dear

cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

The Remix wrote:I'm from Philly-
heyyyy, you're from philly? have you come to any of our parties? we brought matthew dear in town a year ago at silk, and tons of others........ magda, stewart walker, geoff white, and pheek last week........
VIVIANNEPROJECTS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by VIVIANNEPROJECTS »

What a talent. What a sweet guy!
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Nobody has talked about his False stuff yet.... and it's due..

The plus8 releases are some of the best music I have ever heard in my life.
So funky and unique compared to everything else that could be considered to be part of the same "market". It's hard but funky too. The later minus false release was great for other reasons.. great anthems to wind things up or down during a set, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the plus8 false material. I love that raw, chunky sound.

His jabberjaw stuff is great too. Well, so is everything, I have loved everything he's done. Just so you guys all know, some of his earlier live PA's were incredible and you can hear them on www.paxahau.com - you get to see a good cross section of what he's been doing over the past 2-3 years.

He's a very skilled DJ as well, I used to see him at a weekly in Detroit with others (derek plaslaiko, ryan elliot, mike servito.. i forget who else). You can also hear dj sets from the paxahau site.
PaulusP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PaulusP »

he'll be in Antwerp in Febr. @ Petrol, together with Miss Kitten. I'll be there, hopefully.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

I wasnt much of a fan of his false stuff. The tracks just seemed to be missing something. I dont really like the audion stuff either.

I still think the best stuff this guys done is the spectral ep1 and the Jabberjaw stuff on Perlon. His stuff on LLTH and BAckstorke was good, but it doesnt scream MATT DEAR like his ep1 and perlon stuff.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

minimal house wrote:I wasnt much of a fan of his false stuff. The tracks just seemed to be missing something. I dont really like the audion stuff either.

I still think the best stuff this guys done is the spectral ep1 and the Jabberjaw stuff on Perlon. His stuff on LLTH and BAckstorke was good, but it doesnt scream MATT DEAR like his ep1 and perlon stuff.
I love it all, forgot about the EP stuff on Ghostly/Spectral... love that stuff too.

Not sure how you could say that about the false stuff, but that's just me and my tastes vs yours. To each his own. I'd much rather hear ep stuff, false and jabberjaw than backstroke, etc... neat work, but definately not as cool as the back catalog of his.
seth
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by seth »

matt is serious in so many ways. seriously nice, seriously awesome, super serious producer.

i find his jaberjaw and just matt dear stuff to be the most interesting, however the audion stuff is well.. . RAVETASTIC!

matt would play here in detroit just about ever week befor he became a super star.

now he dose a monthly at oslo with another super serious guy, RYAN ELLIOT!!!!! the man owns the decks like a hawk owns the sky. quick and fearce!
if thing don't progress, will the future truly come
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

Man, he makes great music!

I love the False stuff, its so intricate and well crafted. EP1 and 2 were great too.
He has some serious talent.

mmm vegetables! :D
Last edited by Cans on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.