making effects in Reaktor

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

making effects in Reaktor

Post by tone-def »

Do you think it would be easy to make a simple vibrato effect with reaktor?

i really miss the scanner vibrato in logic. pro tools don't have one, you can buy it as an extra but it's overpriced. i can't seem to find any other RTAS vibrato plug ins so it looks like i'll have to make one myself.

i'm not very good at this type of thing so if someone feels up for the challenge it would be much appreciated.
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

dunno what kind of vibrato you're looking for.
one thing i thought of was the ensemble called "surf king 2" (NI user downloads - effects section) which is actually a delay with vibrato but the vibrato is actually the stronger part in it. it's an awesome effect!

good luck
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

maybe give the free vibrato by airwindows a go. its fun.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

did a quick search in reaktor forums and found a thread with a load of good stuff in it. some links to finished things and some more building based stuff. You would definitely get something useful out of it though.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ht=vibrato

"You can make a vibrato by feeding your signal into a delay line and modulating the delay time with a low-frequency sine or triangle wave. Use the output from the delay line, and don't mix in any of the original signal."

quick easy and simple solution there. dunno what it would sound like tho, but maybe it's fun to experiment. Would be a case of hooking up about 3 or 4 prebuilt modules.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

cytoplasm wrote:maybe give the free vibrato by airwindows a go. its fun.
it's only AU unfortunately.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Check out the free bundle here, it has a vibrato plugin in it among others.
http://www.nomadfactory.com/products/di ... index.html
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

oblioblioblio wrote:did a quick search in reaktor forums and found a thread with a load of good stuff in it. some links to finished things and some more building based stuff. You would definitely get something useful out of it though.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ht=vibrato

"You can make a vibrato by feeding your signal into a delay line and modulating the delay time with a low-frequency sine or triangle wave. Use the output from the delay line, and don't mix in any of the original signal."

quick easy and simple solution there. dunno what it would sound like tho, but maybe it's fun to experiment. Would be a case of hooking up about 3 or 4 prebuilt modules.
Yeah, there's not much to vibrato. It's basically a simple delay (as short as possible for the modulation depth) - ie, no feedback, no dry/wet mix, no filtering or EQ, just a time delay - where you modulate the delay time with an LFO. Pretty much the only thing you have to look out for is to make sure the delay unit includes decent interpolation.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de