mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

sweet, thanks! When is this from?
Luka
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Luka »

It seems everyone is into these guys but me. i swear i listen to the tracks again and again but they just dont grab me. To their credit i have tried to trainspot them when they are played out.. including when Matthew Dear recently played here and they sounded great. Its weird. Maybe its one of those things that develop with time.

Also to their credit they do have some amazing little samples in em.. hmm after writing this i may need to have another listen.
problemchild
melbourne australia

http://www.myspace.com/problemcreations
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

i love 2 Dollar Egg ... i think the reason why they weren't on here immediatly, is because they're not you're typical minimal artists. i would say there are probably more people that would put them into the techno and tech-house category. so imo they dont immediatly jump out as minimal artists. know what i mean?

enough of the genre chatter, they're the sh!t regardless! my fav record of theirs is 'natural' on i220 and Tow@.com
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

their old productions were much more minimal than half of the featured artists here... :D but that was long before the "minimal" hype
techno made me do it
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Yeah, I agree that their older stuff is more on the contemporary minimal tip whereas their newer stuff is more on the traditional techno end of the spectrum.. Check out Module Shaker on i220. It's downright ridiculous.. I've been playing the hell out of it.. Although their stuff isn't always for me, the stuff I do dig is amazing.. Good tracky, chuggy, techno that has the crossover appeal w/ us minimalists...
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

who are these guys anyway??

a bit curious. i thought they were 2 finnish guys but im probably totally wrong..

:?:
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

as far as i know they have released a lot of sh!t on ELP's label i220 a couple of years ago, and some eps on the same label recently aswell
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

hm. i guess they're german:

Gordon Heinicke & Erik Besier

sounds like it :)