Producing techniques?

- ask away
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

.camea. wrote: That's not true. Myself and Tim Xavier use Cubase and are putting out minimal tunes, especially Tim. He's a die-hard cubase user, whereas I use Ableton more and do the final touches in Cubase. If you're having a problem with sequencing don't give up, because it's a difficult process and takes a lot of time and practice no matter what program you use.

But, I think if you are having a hard time with Cubase then definitely try Ableton. It's a lot more intuitive, and you can record your tracks as you perform them and then make edits when you are finished, instead of having to write it all out. Also, it's pretty easy to get a minimal sound b/c the effects presets that come with the program are great. It also comes with an easy to follow tutorial which will get you started right away.
wich version of cubase you use?and how long it took for you to release your firs song?I mean for how long you've beeb producing?!
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

Hardware is always the best ...

But i think if somebody wants to make the first step in Producing with the computer (cheaper ) reason 3..0 will be the best solution ..

Later you can Upgrade your system with the combination Cubase SX (via Rewire)

A good Midi Controller , Midi Keyboard and Resolve 65 Speakers ;-)

Verison of Cubase , doesent matter ; i think domenik Eulberg is still producing with Cubase Vsti ....
:lol:
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

ace wrote:a really interesting and complex tool for making minimal stuff is "energy xt".. takes some time to get into it, but its worth the time!
http://www.xt-hq.com/
never heard of that,is it just sequencer?
ace
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ace »

sohrab wrote:
ace wrote:a really interesting and complex tool for making minimal stuff is "energy xt".. takes some time to get into it, but its worth the time!
http://www.xt-hq.com/
never heard of that,is it just sequencer?
its a modular host for vst-instruments and -effects. works a bit like reaktor. can be used standalone and as vsti. it contains a nice step-sequencer too. in my opinion really worth a try, especially for minimal stuff. :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

theres no right or wrong way to make minimal techno, and you can use whatever works for you at the time.
cubase has been as much a part of techno history as any other piece of software or hardware. i started off using cubase on an atari to sequence various bits of analogue kit in the early 1990's and i still use VST now.
i also use ableton for various jobs.
it's totally up to how you work. i use 90% analogue gear, and cubase is great for midi sequencing and editing. i record everything live to 2-track and use ableton for mixing and experimenting.
theres loads of great tools out there, hard and soft, try as many as you can.
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

does anyone know something about mackie tracktion 2
its quite cheap so i might buy it,
but it is worth buying it?
has anyone got experience concerning mackie tracktion?
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

clubfoot wrote:A mate of mine uses BUZZ. It's a free modular system for PC and is pretty good apparently. There's a fairly sizable user community with people developing and sharing their own 'buzzmachines'. I understand James Holden uses it for his tracks.
Where can i get this BUZZ or buzzmachines from? free-download, internet-shop? please tell me more!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

http://www.buzzmachines.com/
http://web.hibo.no/~mva/getbuzz.php

quite cool tracker, used it about 4 years ago for dnb :P
obviously it has evolved but there was some really annoying stuff with some instruments/effects (and there is thousands of them). Don't remember exactly but very often the problem was that the tracks didn't sound the same after u saved and re-opened them.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...