mnml newbie

[Klamauk002] Paul Frick, Tom Ellis, Scott, The Clover

Post by tilman »

limited manually colored vinyl edition 002

title: klamauk 002 various artists
artists: paul frick, tom ellis, scott and the clover
cat #: klak 002
format: vinyl 500 pieces only, mp3, wav

coverdesign is printed in black & white, then sprayed with four different colors and numbered on the back. we used spray cans for coloring.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

artwork:

for more pictures of the artwork please visit klamauk homepage

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

tracks:
A1 the camouflage | paul frick
A2 rabo | scott
B1 sir slipper | the clover
B2 water passed a bridge | tom ellis
digital only bonus the camouflage rmx | finchhatten

for prelistening please visit klamauk homepage , klamauk@myspace , klamauk@lastfm , klamauk@soundcloud

order:
write karsten to get vinyl karsten(at)klamauk.net or have a look at a record shop near to you!
for now you can get the vinyl on all famous online recordstores like juno.co.uk, deejay.de, djshop.de, decks.de, web-records.com
for the shoplist, please visit klamauk homepage

download:
klamauk002 release info

some dj feedback:

raresh:
very cool tracks
thanks for sending !

frivolous:
Wow, I’m only 30 seconds into this and I can tell. ANOTHER VERY SPECIAL RELEASE!
Personality, eccentricity, energy. LOVE IT!

matthias kaden:
good work from the young gun from fiorenze!!!!

john thomas:
I’ve listened the klamauk 02 and wanted to tell you that i like a lot this record.
My full support for the “Sir Slipper” from the Clover and for the “Water passed a Bridge” from Tom Ellis.
Many Thanks.

chloé:
the camouflage remix is good
cheers

someone else:
there are some nice tracks here. thank you! :)

minimono:
The Clover rockSS!!

donk boys:
Yo!
Listened to the previews of klamauk 002, great work once again! Will definatly play all the first 3 tracks. A-side is superfunky, both Clover and Tom Ellis deliver great tracks. The favorite is the Paul Frick track though!
Keep up the good work, stuff like yours is really needed!
/Thomas

100Hz:
Hi Klamauk! I got some good tunes for your label and a wild live set! all the best….Lee Renacre – 100Hz

hugo:
yo yo!
thanks for the promo!
tom’s track is the one for me, i like it!
all the best
Hugo

david gluck (ultrakurt):
super release, die Tom Ellis und die Paul Frick nummern gefallen mir ganz besonders, kommen auf jeden fall ins köfferchen!! ;)

le k:
That what we need : an eclectic and versatile ep , a bunch of differents grooves, and house flavour. We definitely get that here. Paul Frick ’s track is my favourite, but the others ones are tasty too. Full support.

pezzner:
I am really enjoying listening to these tracks. The whole EP is solid and I’m very quickly becoming a fan of Paul Frick’s works. I’m curious to hear the first EP now. Great job all around!

pheek:
I enjoyed the ep and will surely play tracks at some point.
Mp3 files are always good for me. thank you!

kalabrese:
hab mir die zweite durchgehört. paul frick (das original) gefällt mir am besten. hat diesen eric b& rakim flavour sehr soulful und es zwickt höllisch, für die hüfte und für die mädchen aufm floor. stimmungskanone!
gruss
sacha

ralph sliwinski:
tom ellis-water passed the bridge>ab 4 min gehts los.find ich Killer also spiel+charte ich .-)
Paul Frick Camouflage(Finchhattan)>…ned so mein sound aber klingt sauber.
The Clover – Sir Slipper>kewler Track.shaked mich,also spiel ich!
Paul Frick – The Camouflage>hoppelhoppar…könnt besser shaken,flow ned gut
Scott – Rabo> not good…

kink:
i really like the whole record! well produced, contemporary house music with sence of humour:) from the peak time bomb ‘Paul Frick – The Camouflage’, through the freaky grooves of Tom Ellis and The Clover, to the deeper mood of ‘Scott – Rabo’ – everything has to be played out loud:)

paco osuna:
Nice ep will played for sure
best paco

le chien perdu:
Great release!! Funkiness, Jumpiness, Happiness! Loving all traxx, but the Scott track is definitely our favorite!!

s-max:
my favourite is “the camouflage”- defintely jacky whilst being narrative! cooool!

sacha robotti (robosonic):
#water passed a bridge:
geilo! break n bisschen lang aber tigert dann ganz gut ab. guter groove, würd ich im club spielen.
#camouflage:
die samples gefallen :) HH for life. n bisschen weirdo aber nice. würd den wohl trotzdem nich im club spielen, eher so BKI / radio.
#sir slipper:
nice sounds etc., finde den aber ein bisschen ’sinnlos’ arrangiert (ohne jetzt the clover zu nahe treten zu wollen) bzw. es fehlt mir ne art ’spannung’
allet in allem:
schönes ding jungs! :) gefällt mir glaub ich auch besser als die erste EP.
lg sacha

humeka:
I love Tom Ellis bouncing rhythms, a very personal signature, very funky.
Paul Frick is surprising, I like the way he’s melting different styles together to create a jumping track! also the remix of this track is HUGE, I love this kind of house, simple but damn efficient, dancefloor killer!
In fact, I think very funky should fit to the complete release ;-)

keinzweiter:
A really really deep and playable release. Looking forward to the release to get one of these hand coloured vinyls. Please sign it for me, you god-damn masters of funkiness!

sven laux:
There are only a few words which came to my mind while hearing the whole EP:
“well, yes but no ehm oh yes right no no but well!”
Seriously those bunch of tracks will surely find its lovers on the dance-floor.
My favourites are the tracks by Scott and Paul because the are very jazzy and klamaukicious.
Thumbs up and keep up the good work, guys! :)

cedric maison (hypercolour):
I really like Camouflage, this had some wicked samples and elements of the Jack!! I dug that vibe, almost elements of Todd Edwards in this track too which we love.

grifin:
The camouflage remix is gorgeous, so dancefloor
The original camouflage is cool too with the sample of Ghost Face Killah , good spirit
Really good work for The Clover ; the track is so funky
As usual Tom Ellis made a little bomb, always this peculiarity of the sound
hum scott’s track is interesting with this deep approach; love the dub attitude

steve mizeki (littlewhiteearbuds):
Camouflage: Is that a Cam’ron or Jim Jones track Paul is sampling there? I feel like I heard the tweak scratch motif in his podcast, maybe? Funny track…

franco cangelli:
it’s nice clickhouse, reminds me a bit of Akufen etc
nice productions
i still suffer from an overdose of the clicky house thing at the moment :-)

sascha krohn:
very funky release. tom ellis is my favorite.
greetz

dr. nojoke:
i love always tom ellis tracks. this one is not one of his best i find, but still better than most of that average stuff you hear nowadays. the most cubby track on this ep. paul frick and scott are quite enjoyable too. the outrageous track on this ep is the clover..s sir slipper. love that funky, playful, nervous weirdness. that is the real klamauk! yeah!

nils anthes:
proper tracks! a2 is the one for me – i love cowbells! :)

storlon:
Great great job from the Klamauk chaps! Warm & funky, like them all… Scott on top (:

jacuzzi boys:
Die A2 Nummer Rabo von Scott iss mal was für einen schönen sonnigen Urlaubtag am Beach!!!
Außerdem finden wir die digital only nummer sehr fein, schön housy!!!
Im Großen und ganzen ne echt nette EP!!!

tommi bass:
The camouflage …. is a phat track… i will be droppin’ this in Kruezberg…
In fact all the tracks are phat… well done chaps… keep it going!

nice:
beauty release, each tracks for each club situations, all great dj needs thoses tunes !

de-bug magazine (bastian thüne):
klamauk, ein noch frisches Mainzer Vinyl-Label, tritt ganz in die Tradition der Rheinstadt und ist eine neue Spielwiese für Microfunk und CutUp-House - mit von Hand colorierten Covern. Nach der lokal verhafteten 001 treffen nun Paul Frick, Tom Ellis, Scott und die Italiener The Clover aufeinander.
Tom Ellis wartet mit typisch arschwackelndem Microfunk auf - oft gehört und immer wieder gut, so auch The Clover, die dazu aber weniger Samples einsetzen. Scott sind kaum hektisch, dafür deeper mit Kuhglocke und entwickeln ihren ganz eigenen Charme, der nicht direkt ins Auge springt, dafür lange überzeugt. Die Bretter schlechthin sind aber die beiden Versionen von “The Camouflage”.
Paul Frick vermengt Ghostface-Killah-Samples mit Housevibes, hervorragend funky und deep und Finchhatten scheut sich nicht, einen großen Hit daraus zu machen. Untypisch für den heutigen Mainzer Sound und eher in der Tradition von Tonka und Pooley zu ihren besten Zeiten stehend, gelingt ihm damit ein Konsensbrett, das sowohl im verranzten Kellerloch als auch auf Rechtsanwalts-Housepartys voll überzeugt. Großartig.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

Yo!
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

nice nice!
a2 and b2 for me!
thomasjaldemark