Regarding Montreal's scene

- open
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

minneapolis definately does some kick-ass parties.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Harm Rhebergen wrote:you're always welcome in Holland JP.. ;)
I love NL. I think it's in my first 3 picks. :D
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

nice choice! see you soon... ;)
*I support southern fruits*
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

adam wrote:Elektra is fun too.. little less conventional though..

Canada is full of great talent. There isn't a lot going on anywhere though.
There are a few key events and a couple growing scenes though..
Yeah. The electronica scene as a whole here in Canada is no where near as large as it is in Europe.

Eventually I think I will move to England. It has been on my mind for a bit.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

pheek wrote:
Harm Rhebergen wrote:you're always welcome in Holland JP.. ;)
I love NL. I think it's in my first 3 picks. :D
what else is in your top 3?
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Jesse Somfay wrote:Eventually I think I will move to England. It has been on my mind for a bit.
I'm curious. What is it that would make you choose England over any other European country?
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

I would have to do a little travelling to Europe before making a big decision of course. I have never been to England, yet there's just something about it that attracts me from what I have seen and looked into. I would love to live in a place like London. The price I have heard is very steep, but I would still love to live in a place which is rich with fashion and various cultures and of course a stable electronica scene. And the fact that the only language I am fluent in is English, is also another reason, hehe. But just overall, there is something about England which just attracts me. I can't quite put my finger on it, so that's why I need to experience it in full, but there's just something I really like about it.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Jesse Somfay wrote:I would have to do a little travelling to Europe before making a big decision of course. I have never been to England, yet there's just something about it that attracts me from what I have seen and looked into. I would love to live in a place like London. The price I have heard is very steep, but I would still love to live in a place which is rich with fashion and various cultures and of course a stable electronica scene. And the fact that the only language I am fluent in is English, is also another reason, hehe. But just overall, there is something about England which just attracts me. I can't quite put my finger on it, so that's why I need to experience it in full, but there's just something I really like about it.
Sounds like you would really enjoy yourself here then. London is cool - it's where I'm from and has A LOT to offer. I left about 5 years ago (too much big city getting the better of me) and moved about 60 miles south.

Seems you guys have got a really fragmented scene over there - I guess that's to do with the vastness of Canada. I really love the fact that today in Europe you can travel so easily between the different countries and sample very different cultures. And the music scene is just rampant. It's an exciting place to be.