Pan Sonic

idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

milc wrote:best rock band...?
there's a experimental rock group called "pan america", you mean them?
or is it ironic to call them rock band?
it'll piss me off anyway to see pan sonic with guitar on the stage with acoustic instruments..... :cry:
No no, they really meant Pan Sonic!
Go and check them live if you can, you'll understand ;-)

(but don't worry, they don't take any guitars with them on stage)
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

I think they're quite active actually. Perhaps not as much under the name Pan Sonic as they used to. But they've released alot with other projects as well. My favourite being Mika Vainio's Ø releases.

He's done some real nice ones together with Alva Noto.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

milc wrote:best rock band...?
there's a experimental rock group called "pan america", you mean them?
or is it ironic to call them rock band?
it'll piss me off anyway to see pan sonic with guitar on the stage with acoustic instruments..... :cry:

"rock band" means something different than what you're talking about. "rock band" has to do with the performance, not the type of music. when people say a track "rocks!", do they mean it's good rock music?

same kinda deal

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

^^^
Yup, what he said.
We need more rockers on stage banging tracks out and having a good time. Techno/minimal of course, not rock music :)
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

alright people!
rock does not mean rock.

and that's true adam, we need more "rockers" on minimal scene in performance. espicially in berlin, DJ booth seems to be social club or something. everybody fuckin' huggin' and talkin' sh!t to djs...

we need rockers!!!
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

saw them last time in 2001 here in Helsinki two nights in a row (free entry for them both btw) and it was awesome. digitalnoise, clicks, cuts, bleeps, minimal "melodies", beats but it had a point and a direction whereas most of these "digital" artsy noise acts just tend to go for the shock value but Pan Sonic kills it `cos they just know what they´re doing and all the sounds are on point. respect them for what they do `cos they do it so well.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

milc wrote:and that's true adam, we need more "rockers" on minimal scene in performance. espicially in berlin, DJ booth seems to be social club or something. everybody fuckin' huggin' and talkin' sht to djs...
we need rockers!!!
Check out Errorsmith, mate!

Rock on!
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

KTZNJMMR wrote:I think they're quite active actually. Perhaps not as much under the name Pan Sonic as they used to. But they've released alot with other projects as well. My favourite being Mika Vainio's Ø releases.

He's done some real nice ones together with Alva Noto.
Huh, they've released a collaboration cd sometimes ago (John DUNCAN / Mika vainio / Ilpo VAÏSÄNEN 'Nine suggestions' on AllQuestions)
But i didn't know they worked with Noto, could you please give us the record(s) name?
(btw, shouldn't we open a section for Alva Noto as well?)