Klectik04.5 (Digi Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions EP

- only
Klectik Recordings
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Klectik04.5 (Digi Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions EP

Post by Klectik Recordings »

oliver_dodd_illusions_buy_here_at_beatport

Klectik Recordings is a Chicago-based techno label created and run by DJ and producer Jason Patrick, formerly of Detroit. The label has become a platform for up-and-coming producers from around the Midwest to merge their artistry with that of top international talent. Klectik’s uniqueness lies in its musical point of view. The label’s releases merge cutting-edge sounds with a more classic aesthetic closely tied to the geographical roots of its artists. The result is a fresh collection of modern techno music equally suited for crowded clubs and early morning after-hours settings.

Illusions (Original Mix)
Illusions (Andy James’s 0g Trans Fat Remix)
Illusions (Jason Patrick’s Twistic Remix)

Klectik Recordings is proud to welcome noted producer and Nashville techno heavyweight Oliver Dodd to its artist roster. Oliver has also released music on Minus and Addon, and his analog-driven, moody minimal techno is a welcomed addition to the Klectik catalogue. The Illusions EP is a digital exclusive three-tracker that includes the original version from Dodd, plus two remixes from Klectik label boss Jason Patrick and Cleveland-based producer and DJ Andy James.

Oliver’s original version of “Illusions” is a trippy minimal techno number with well-timed atmospheric washes of sound that give the track depth and mystery. Oliver’s subtle shifts in timing and percussion with sparse snares and rolled rim shots add intensity to the track’s rhythmic backbone. Oliver’s track would perfectly complement a set of deep, heady music.

Jason Patrick’s interpretation of “Illusions” is an up-tempo tech-house groover with an edge. Patrick’s version soars with an infectious bounce and rhythmic complexity. With the addition of shuffling percussion, a catchy looped vocal, and playful sampling, Patrick’s remix would make a fantastic tool for techno and house DJs alike.

Andy James’s remix bumps hard and injects a healthy dose of grimy funk. This chugging remix grinds and squelches in all the right places. Spooky bleeps, a heavy kick, and a killer breakdown make Andy’s version ideal floor-filler for peak hour sets.

Support and Feedback

Derek Plazlako (NYC, Bunker, Spectral) - Oliver Dodd - Klectik04.5 (Digital Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions (Andy James 0 Trans Fat Remix)
I'm a bit biased due to the fact that all 3 people on here I consider to be comrades, but all 3 are quite nice here. Hard to pick a fave, but I think Andy's is the one, if I had to pick. Thanks for this!!

Elon - (NYC, Clink, Dumb-Unit) Oliver Dodd - Klectik04.5 (Digital Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions (Jason Patrick Twistic Remix)
super... on my playlist, Jason Patrick Remix for me.

Daniel Drier (Berlin, Highgrade, Soma) - Oliver Dodd - Klectik04.5 (Digital Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions (Jason Patrick Twistic Remix)
i will try the "jason Patrick RMX)

Frankie Vega (Chicago, Tora Tora Tora) - Oliver Dodd - Klectik04.5 (Digital Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions (Jason Patrick Twistic Remix)
Strong release, I really like Dodd's orig. Very different from previous offerings from him... J Patrick's remix - a nice surprise added a nice Tracky Chicago flavor to the release - I will play this one for sure! Andy James' mix painted a picture of a spread of old school table top analog gear - daisy chained for joy. Nice-worx!

Bloody Mary (Berlin, Sender, Contexterior)- Oliver Dodd - Klectik04.5 (Digital Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions (Jason Patrick Twistic Remix)

Dustin Zahn (Minneapolis, Enemy, Drumcode) - Oliver Dodd - Klectik04.5 (Digital Exclusive) Oliver Dodd - Illusions (Jason Patrick Twistic Remix)
Really into Jason's remix! I don't usually play this kind of minimal congafest afterhours stuff, but this stuff is nice and jackin' which I think I can fit into my sets!