What do you see when you hear?

- open
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

Renze wrote:Pan/Tone, Cmyk musik...It all makes a little more sense now :)
Well, they're probably just all graphic designers. Like a lot of the producers/djs I know.
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

harass wrote:
"Active" absolute pitch

Persons with active absolute pitch will be able to sing any given note when asked. Usually, people with active absolute pitch will not only be able to identify a note, but recognize when that note is slightly sharp or flat. Active absolute pitch possessors in the United States number about 1 in every 10,000.

It cannot be assumed that all of these people with the gift of active absolute pitch are musicians. If one was to factor that in, the number of musicians with "active" absolute pitch is very, very small. However, musical training is necessary for full development of the auditory potential of a person with perfect pitch.
But it's not necessarily something you are born with. Apparently there is a higher percentage of perfect pitch people (:)) in cultures where a pitch relative language is spoken.

This article claims up to 60% of Mandarin speakers are pitch perfect. http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0 ... 06,00.html

sorry for the highjack.
Last edited by PatStormont on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

What do you see when you hear?

Sound. Colour. Form.
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

I don't see anything, i'm to busy listening.