Hello from Amsterdam and many thanks for this website!

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Hello from Amsterdam and many thanks for this website!

Post by TimTor »

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim Tor and I'm into minimal music for the last 6 years. I am a bedroom DJ, although I do an 'official' gig every now and than.

I currently live in Amsterdam, which has a small but lively minimal scene. I have lived in England (Brighton and London) for the last two years and that really motivated me to develop myself as a dj. This is mainly because I'd met so many great djs/producers that weren't playing music because of the money, but because they loved being creative with electronic dance music. This very much connected to my own view, as I try to make my sets as interactive as possible be using live components (connected to Ableton live).

A few friends of mine in London recommended this website and I am very thankful they did. I really like the netlabel section, because I appreciate the fact that people share their music without having to make a profit for it. Obviously, quite a few artists need to make a living, but I don't like the ones that exploit it. Don't get me wrong, as I always buy my music legally, but a free innitative is very much valued.

I would like to thank everyone for contributing to this website and it has already given me a lot of information/material to work with.

Shortly I will be uploading a mix, as I was asked to promote myself for a gig at a festival in Latvia or Russia this summer. Hopefully, this will work out, but I ll let you know

Thank you!
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

hi, there in amsterdam

Post by klankeffect »

nice point off vieuw.... i love it
I will be in amsterdam during the summer hollidays, and for now only in the weekend, my girlfriend is doing a stage there so...
looking for some nice party's over there, mayby you can help..

grtz Niek
lessizmoremoreizless