[Traum 065] Jesse Somfay - We Breathe the Stars... (2005)

- wax
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

I don't mind when people say they don't like something of mine. That's alright, I mean I can't do anything about that, I know some people won't like some of the things I do. I just don't like it when people suggest I do something else, that's a very inappropriate thing to tell an artist. And I'm not pissed off, not at all, I just don't appreciate it when people suggest I do something which is not in my creative interest. As I mentioned before, I would never tell a fellow artist how I want them to sound creatively, for I know that is an impossible demand. I am not trying to start an argument with anyone, I am just putting my feelings out there. They don't have to do with someone liking or not liking a track, just wanting/demanding change from an artist. So I want to put it out there that I feel disrespected by that one fact. I really don't want this to become a flame thread, that would be unneccessary. So I am going to leave my point at this :)

To answer your question, Patrick, I feel offended because I interpret some comments like 'better' or 'more minimal' as disrespecting my creative will. One cannot just go and make demands of artists like that. I mean, of course I am still going to do what I do, but I just feel disrespected when people want/demand me to do something creatively different. That is not up for other people to demand of any given artist in my opinion. Just my personal feelings on this. I am not saying anyone else has to think like that at all, that would be silly of me to expect. I am just posting what I think.

I would appreciate it if we could all move on from this, I am just saying what I feel and I feel like a broken record writing it multiple times.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Jesse Somfay wrote:I don't mind when people say they don't like something of mine. That's alright, I mean I can't do anything about that, I know some people won't like some of the things I do. I just don't like it when people suggest I do something else, that's a very inappropriate thing to tell an artist. And I'm not pissed off, not at all, I just don't appreciate it when people suggest I do something which is not in my creative interest. As I mentioned before, I would never tell a fellow artist how I want them to sound creatively, for I know that is an impossible demand. I am not trying to start an argument with anyone, I am just putting my feelings out there. They don't have to do with someone liking or not liking a track, just wanting/demanding change from an artist. So I want to put it out there that I feel disrespected by that one fact. I really don't want this to become a flame thread, that would be unneccessary. So I am going to leave my point at this :)

To answer your question, Patrick, I feel offended because I interpret some comments like 'better' or 'more minimal' as disrespecting my creative will. One cannot just go and make demands of artists like that. I mean, of course I am still going to do what I do, but I just feel disrespected when people want/demand me to do something creatively different. That is not up for other people to demand of any given artist in my opinion. Just my personal feelings on this. I am not saying anyone else has to think like that at all, that would be silly of me to expect. I am just posting what I think.

I would appreciate it if we could all move on from this, I am just saying what I feel and I feel like a broken record writing it multiple times.
No problem man ;)
I still like your first Traum record best :)
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

patrick bateman wrote:No problem man ;)
I still like your first Traum record best :)
Glad it's still doing the job for you :D
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

this is going out of hand...be glad as the song has no ending!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

plaster wrote:this is going out of hand...be glad as the song has no ending!
Nah, it's alright. I've said what I needed to say. It's all over :)
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

"purists killed techno"
- tony rohr

anyway i like the b side. music for the morning.
need to get me a copy from riley :)
techno made me do it
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by suppoz »

from the samples you linked to, I've developed the following opinions on these tracks:

side A: quite the workout! unfortunately, the sample provided shows no context for this section of the track, just a big build up and quite the masher for the dancefloor. I'm interested to hear the full version so I can know if the song explodes into such an experimental panic naturally or if it is guided there all along. I'm hoping for the former, as I'm not really into pounders for that sake of pounding.

side B: deep, cloudy and intense. lots of great sounds!

cover art: your typography is getting better each time I see it. images are, as always, top notch and full of emotion.

I'm looking forward to both sides of this release. When's the date?

ta,
--s-tephen
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

That's Jackie's typography, I only did the artwork. I guess I should have pointed that out. But thanks :) I am glad you like it. Riley wanted me to do the art, so I originally wanted the package to have no text or anything on the outside, just the art, but we decided for this release it would be a good idea to go with the text. Jackie did a really nice job I think :) And the A side is definitely a builder as my tracks all are now...I think...yeah, I think they are. But this one is definitely a builder. If you want to hear the full version of This Fragile Addiction, it is in the most recent dj set I have on my website at the end :)

It comes out on October 10th. Just a week and a couple days now.