"Feel good" minimal??

- open
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

"Feel good" minimal??

Post by Rich »

I've been a bit moody/pissed off recently with a few different things, but I've found that certain cds have really helped me to chill out and relax. The best is probably "Blondie" by Ada. It's still got a techy side to it , but it's really smooth and melodic, with a really nice atmosphere. Especially Each and Everyone (Blindhouse Mix). Any other recommendations for minimal sounds to chill you out and make you feel good??
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

My favourite track if i wanna get happy again:

M.A.N.D.Y. & Bookashade - Body Language

Or otherwise, I start listening some oldschool italodisco tracks :).
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Older Force-inc stuff like Dub Taylor, SCSI-9 and Luomo.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

not really into any _very_ melodic stuff, but I like small repeative stuff with small variations, that "witness" track by jeff samuel (on trapez I believe?) get me hooked.

I also love aril brikha's "deeparture in time"... it's one of my alltime favourites when it comes to more melodic stuff, and it's pretty much as melodic as I'll ever go I guess ;)

otherwise basic channel/chain reaction stuff, rod modell, monolake, dub taylor ('forms & figures' still rocks my world) are my favourites for chilling... but I'm not under the impression that you're looking for that kind of stuff...

note:
I get in a very good mood when listening to lee perry's 'upsetter' stuff, but that's something different from what you're looking for, for sure ;)
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Basic channel and chain reaction are both great. Real late night, soul warming stuff. Not something to make you happy as such, but definitely relaxing and fulfilling (?).
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Rich wrote:Basic channel and chain reaction are both great. Real late night, soul warming stuff. Not something to make you happy as such, but definitely relaxing and fulfilling (?).

Good call - 100%
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

gillsans wrote:
Rich wrote:Basic channel and chain reaction are both great. Real late night, soul warming stuff. Not something to make you happy as such, but definitely relaxing and fulfilling (?).

Good call - 100%
I get a very dark (I imagine greyscale stuff always of some reason) feeling from basic channel stuff though... but sure, it's soothing.... anyway - I'd go for that aswell ;)

don't forget the rhythm & sound stuff :)

really love 'ruff way'...
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Here is a mix that I made reflecting those personal feelings. Its called AmbientDubs.

ambientdub.mp3