[love016] andy stott - ceramics

- wax
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[love016] andy stott - ceramics

Post by dou »

Having already been given a full 40 minute slot on the breezeblock before even getting to release his second EP, Andy Stott is on a mission to wrong-foot allcomers with one of the most devastating twelves you'll hear this year.
'Ceramics' is a fully-fledged beast of a tune û in awe of Basic Channel and Dave Clarke's seminal Red series the delivery here is nothing short of deadly - dubwise chords, skittering hi hats that just build and build and a determined 4/4 thud that's thoroughly unrelenting - an incendiary mix of depth and robustness that won't easily be followed.
The flipside 'Credit' dips its toes into the breezy pastures of classic Detroit - timeless melodies and that widescreen spaciousness timelessly defined by the likes of Dan Curtin, The Connection Machine and, of course, Carl Craig. Cut extra loud and lovingly mastered by Dubplates and Mastering in Berlin, we couldn't possibly recommend this strongly enough. First in a new series of six EP's on Modern Love, get on it! - boomkat.com

ceramics
credit

great release
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

love the "ceramics" track, and the b-side is totally ok.

going to get it. :)
Shteven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Shteven »

sounds great

they sound somewhat familiar as well
SanderT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by SanderT »

Loving the ceramics track!
Dres
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dres »

Credit takes the cake for me. Another essential release from Modern Love.

Hands down label of the year, imo.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Classic, timeless.
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

although it's a bit same ol' same ol' as to being right up the maurizio/basic channel alley it doest it very well.
as i'm a sucker for that sound it's yet another modern love release that ends up in my crates.
jar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jar »

I agree with Dres, Modern Love has been amazing this year! Ceramics is a super 12" as well. It's all about the Maurizio-inspired Side A for me! Cannot wait for the next 5 that come in this series!