[Plus 8 087] Adam Beyer - A Walking Contradiction (2005)

- wax
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

doesn't work for me at all :(
minimise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minimise »

infizero wrote:
Renton wrote:never would have thought myself considering getting a new Beyer-record again, but this is just sounding pretty good... :roll:
didnt like the stuff on mad eye at all?
I've never been too gone on the harder side of techno but sometimes the odd thing would pop up that I loved like some of the old Neil Landstrumm or Cristian Vogel stuff (both fascinating producers in my opinion) but I didn't really think that Beyer was ever on my radar that much.

However, I picked up the first mad eye record (Adam Beyer and Henrik B). Don't remember even looking at the artist name, just listened to side B and WOWW! Had to have it.

Great groove, dirty and catchy and nasty and lovely and ecstatic ALL AT THE SAME TIME :-)

Picked up a Mr.Sliff record on Jericho (JEL02) back in '98 in much the same way only finding out much later that it was him.

Now I really dig this new record.

Closet beyer fan?

Hmmm.

Good stuff though. He's obviously got an open mind. I like that and it reminds me to try to keep my own mind open.

dc.
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

minimise wrote:Good stuff though. He's obviously got an open mind. I like that and it reminds me to try to keep my own mind open.
right before Truesoul popped up, i had the chance to discuss with him the whole 'getting
boring' thing, bout 3-4 yrs ago. swedish style techno was still on peaktime but he had
(pleasantly) replied "i'm not all bumpin 4/4, just wait & see"...

btw: i don't believe he has eventually jumped on any bandwagon, he didn't have to anyways.
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
braz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by braz »

this track is really really great. I always love the clicks and glitches of minimal music, but beause of the slower pace of the music, i get bored sometimes. This record (especially pt 1)is the perfect combination of both worlds; minimal and techno!