- wax
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[BerettaGrey] Reference Vs. EP- Hess, Kage, Crosson, Troxler

Post by kage »

AVAILABLE: END OF OCTOBER 2008
FORMAT: VINYL (DIGITAL TBA)

Beretta Grey presents the 2nd EP by Detroit duo “Reference" a.k.a. Luke Hess & Brian Kage.. “Reference Vs. EP I”, consists of collaboration with other key Beretta Grey artists Ryan Crosson and Seth Troxler. Each song was carefully developed by all artists simultaneously. Sessions were held at Interstellar Studios in Detroit with all artists present; the initial musical concepts were recorded and written. Next, the songs were sent back and forth until the finished product was agreed upon by all parties. In this fashion, the music created provides the character and soul of each artist, but fused together in a way that creates a more detailed account. One perspective alone does not capture the whole story. In this release, a feeling is captured by four artists, giving the listener a bigger picture, which helps to better capture the concepts of sound as it relates to a moment in time.

LISTEN - Reference vs Seth Troxler - The Fade

“Reference VS Seth Troxler” starts the journey off right diving head first into deep Detroit sounds.. The huge analog bass-line, intellectual percussion elements, African vocal elements, house music groove, and haunting vocal message will keep any dance-floor packed and wanting more. "Reference vs Seth Troxler" fuses Detroit underground dance culture, soul, and science-fiction for an epic, yet minimal “must play at peak-time” bomb.

LISTEN - Reference vs Ryan Crosson - The Bumps

“Reference VS Ryan Crosson” is not your typical boring 'minimal track.' The song's main focus is the bass-line, starting subtly at the beginning, but when the decay opens up, things start to get crazy. Mr. Crosson’s superb signature shuffle is ever present, but Reference’s dub-sweeps, organic percussion, and zoney-lurking atmospheres are ever-present throughout the episode. The breakdown leads the listener anxious for a groove that is delivered throughout the remainder of the track. No nonsense, just great music.

::ABOUT REFERENCE::
Luke Hess & Brian Kage need no introduction, releasing highly respected music on labels like FXHE, Monoid, Echocord, Thinner, Modelisme, Kontra-Musik, and Lumina. Their debut EP on Beretta Grey this past May was received with great enthusiasm, and played by some of the best artists including Omar S, D'Julz, Agnes, Dustin Zahn, Arnaud Le Texier and many more..

http://www.berettamusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/referencezones
http://www.myspace.com/berettagrey
http://www.myspace.com/berettamusic
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

a side for me :) but both tracks are really great 8)
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Feedback so far

Post by kage »

::: FEEDBACK RECEIVED SO FAR :::

'Both tracks are SAAAweeeeT.' - Troy Pierce (Minus/Items & Things)

'Nice Release i like both tracks' - F.E.X (Dessous/Brique Rouge)

'Both tracks = great! I'll be playing both. Great work.' - Mike Monday (Om/Great Stuff)

'Excellent work you guys. Nice funky darkly tinted stuff!' - Jesse Somfay (Archipel/Traum)

'we really enjoy this new release...great combo for a great release ! both track are solid deep tech tunes with a detroit feeling !' - Rose & Ulysse (Liebe*Detail/Edit Select)

'Tracks are hot!!!' - Anthony Collins (Get Physical/Safari Electronique)

'Yeah, this is the shizzle for sure! Full support from me!' - Patrick Bateman (Tic/Tac/Toe)

'Awesome! I love the dubbed out vocal on A1.. This is an absolute burner! Great Job, guys!' - Joshua Harrison (Psychothrill/Beretta)
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

love just about all on Beretta A side is some nice dark emotional fare.

+1
stech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stech »

great release!!! A1 (-)
Eloquent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eloquent »

sweet 8) sick EP
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Very nice release... can't get enough Crosson for the moment...
Both sides are ace.
donet
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by donet »

Wicked Release. A side is just such a good track!!!

Bravo Beretta!