Wolfgang Voigt - Studio 1

kokkie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kokkie »

I really like those productions, but I prefer more his GAS releases. I discovered this music a few months ago when I read a review about Lawrence his 'Absence of Blight' album. That album was compared with Wolfgang his GAS releases.
I have to say that the GAS releases are a bit darker than the Lawrence releases. But in my opinion are that GAS releases even nice as Lawrence's.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

bigus wrote:was playing grey and gold yesterday.I've had them for years ,since they came out....still love em never realized it was Wolfgang Voigt nthought it was Soul Center guy ....Thomas Brinkman?

hello by the way,first post :wink:
well Thomas Brinkmann did his own variations of the studio 1 release, called studio 1 variatonen (sp?), that is what you are thinking of i believe.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

pheek wrote:Amazing project... one of the most influencial musical milestone of my life. :D
exactly.

:D

my first love for vinyl came when I stumbled upon my first studio 1 record.

I have the original cd that was released in 97 and most of the originals pressings. I also hope another project of this nature will spawn again once more....
Last edited by John Clees on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

skept wrote:
bigus wrote:was playing grey and gold yesterday.I've had them for years ,since they came out....still love em never realized it was Wolfgang Voigt nthought it was Soul Center guy ....Thomas Brinkman?

hello by the way,first post :wink:
well Thomas Brinkmann did his own variations of the studio 1 release, called studio 1 variatonen (sp?), that is what you are thinking of i believe.
there are 2 vinyl records from thomas brinkmann, which were officially released, "studio 1 variationen" and "studio 1 variationen 2", both of them came out on profan. and, of course, there is a cd too. :)
silentstorm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silentstorm »

the yellow one is my favourite by far. Red, Silver are nice too. but yellow really gets me jumping !
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

the kreisel 99's are pure gold productions. also in auftrieb, with many names on it. (m:i:5, rx7, filter..)
raijin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raijin »

brinkmann was inspired by studio 1 for his ernst series of 12"s with female names..

classic stuff.
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peder »

silentstorm wrote:the yellow one is my favourite by far. Red, Silver are nice too. but yellow really gets me jumping !
yellow is probably my favourite too. especially b1. a true pioneer of the hypnotic groove (to quote lfo). brinkmann and the studio 1 records were pretty much my introduction to minimal techno, or at least of the köln variety.

there's a really interesting interview with voigt and carsten nicolai about minimalism in the last de:bug (100) for those that can read german.