supposed excessive force at Utah "rave" party

- open
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

supposed excessive force at Utah "rave" party

Post by jpls »

this has beeb causing some interesting conversation (moreso inflamatory)
over at the ableton user forums:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/22/13030/7546

i thought to post a link here since most mnml members seem to have
the ability to actually think before they post.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Here's a video from someone's camera...

http://utah.indymedia.org/uploads/utah_ ... tality.mov
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Yeah, this has been making the rounds on the email lists/forums I am a part of as well.

6 words:

Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

What a fucking shame this is. Shame on all the fuzz who harmed anyone in any way in this episode. A sad example of what a nation which believes in "Freedom" has become. USA...What's the USA? I don't know, it's dead to me. It's sad that I feel this way about a country. I don't want to. But I do.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

yeah.. tis sick..

better quality on the movie

http://www.thoughtbludgeon.com/fascism.wmv
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

Their whole point of validity- [supposidly] is they didn't have a permit to have more than 250 people there and they say it was on public and private properties.(apparently when you have a few thousand people at a party- people might bleed over a certain line of properties.

Well here is this release-

-----Here is the official press release by the Sheriffs Dept.

Utah County Sheriff's Office shuts down Rave Party in Spanish Fork Canyon.

During the summer of 2005 the Utah County Sheriff's Office has seen an increase in the number of large Rave parties that have occurred within Utah County. Approximately four weeks ago the Sheriff's Office became aware of another possible Rave party that was to occur somewhere in Utah County on August 20, 2005. Tickets were sold through a Salt Lake vendor, Uprock, for $20.00. Tickets could be bought in advance and directions to the exact location of the Rave would be provided on the day of the event. Utah County mass gathering ordinance prohibits the gathering of two hundred and fifty or more persons without a permit, bond, and Utah County Commission approval. Research was conducted and no mass gathering permit had been obtained for this incident. However, a health department permit had been obtained and EMS personnel were contracted to be on scene for first aide.
From several previous experiences with Rave parties of this size, a large amount of drug use and underage consumption of alcohol occur. In addition reports of sexual assaults, overdoses, firearm violations, vehicle burglaries, and numerous individuals drive from the party under the influence of alcohol and or drugs. Utah County Sheriff¿s Office Detectives interviewed several females that had attended a prior rave party in the Utah county area in the past month that had been sexual assaulted. These females stated that the combination of drugs and alcohol made them fear for their safety due to the groping and sexual assaults that occurred during the Rave party. In the last year alone one near fatal shooting was investigated by Utah County Sheriff¿s Office at a similar party.
Around noon on Saturday, August 20th, the Sheriff¿s office learned that the Rave Party was to take place in the Diamond Fork area located in Spanish Fork canyon at the Child¿s ranch. At that point it was again verified that the Utah County Commissioner¿s office had no knowledge of this nor had a permit been obtained.
Utah County Major Crimes was contacted to assist with undercover surveillance. Both local and state SWAT teams were called in to control the crowds ( Utah County Metro SWAT, Utah Department of Corrections out of Salt Lake and Gunnison, Department of Public Safety and their helicopter and Provo SWAT) approximately 90 law enforcement personnel combined. At 9 pm the Rave party began and by 10 pm Major Crimes observed numerous illegal activities. Which included illegal use of drugs, distribution of drugs, and underage consumption of alcohol. It was verified that more than 250 individuals were at the party, in violation or county statutes and by 11:30 pm law enforcement personnel moved in to curtail and disburse the party. During this process at least 60 arrests were made for weapons offenses, DUI, illegal underage consumption of alcohol, possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine, possession of methamphetamine, distribution of ecstasy, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer, and disorderly conduct. A safety sweep was conducted after the crowd was ordered to disburse and numerous narcotic items were located scattered on the ground which included: cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana, mushrooms, alcohol and large amounts of drug paraphernalia. A 17 year old female from West Jordan was found by officers and had overdosed on ecstasy, she was treated and released to her parents.
Several local teenagers from Spanish Fork, Springville, Provo and Payson, were identified at the party by officers as well as, numerous individuals out of the Salt Lake and Davis County area.. Parents need to be aware of the type of illegal activities that occurs at these type of gathering. Sexual assaults, rapes, overdoses, drugs, alcohol abuse, thefts, and firearms violations. The sale of drugs at these parties is so prevalent that at this particular Rave party drugs were offered to a local off duty emergency medical service personnel who were contracted to be there. In addition two security personnel hired by the promoter were arrested for possession of cocaine and ecstasy D. Gilbert 801-420-0706-------

Drugs or not- I still believe it's bull sh!t- bust the drug dealers- let the party continue-- and asfar as not having a permit for 250 people - bullshit- The permits were taken from them/confescated as were people's cameras ect.

This is sh!t- I don't care- It doesn't say come to a RAVE on the flyer- and maybe the location was kept secret to a certain point cause the legalities were still being worked out but they had to advertise during the applications and decisions process- this isn't the first party to be held in this location.
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i say. USA - the land of the free...................... :shock:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

talk about a ........ BUZZ KILL...

on a side note...

we have acts now in place due to bush being in office.

all someone has to do is read once in a while and figure out a way around things..... just throwing a "blind" party is poor planning and may have heavy consequences.

in Detroit venues don’t even have a working stove....but have a "kitchen" and can stay open until 4 a.m. legally.

of course putting certain people on the payroll doesn't hurt either.. :wink:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

why on the earth organise a rave in utah?
it's allmost the same as organising rave in vatikan LOL

though excessive use of force on defenceless people is allways ineligible and sad :(
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...