supposed excessive force at Utah "rave" party

- open
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

There was a club in NYC called twilo. It was pretty famous the last few years it was open, but got too famous in the city and the mayor wasnt cool on letting people enjoy themselves at night unless it was his mistress. Anyhow, dumbluck brought on a fatal OD (21 year old medical student from Johns hopkins - if there is anyone that should know what the fck he's doing.....) and some older dudes taking ghb after they hit the bars earlier in the night and soon hte press and police were all over the place. What the club ended up doing was hiring its lawyer to stand at the door with the bouncers. It helpde for a while.

basically, if you are playing around with the prospect of 3000 people paying 20 bucks to get into a party and perhaps at least another 10 each at the bar, how expensive could a good lawyer really be when you are producing an event of such a magnitude?
freeeeeee
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Id imagine there will be plenty of lawsuits against the state of Utah.
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

minimal house wrote:Id imagine there will be plenty of lawsuits against the state of Utah.
I pray to hell there will be. :evil:
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.
Crimson_Isle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Crimson_Isle »

By living in the west coast, this has created a lot of news on message boards here. A couple Dj's from Seattle played at that show. Feel bad for those who were hurt and harrassed. Must be quite the time to be a lawyer in Utah the past few days. Hopefully the state get's reamed, but it is Utah. Most conservative state in America.

I have heard accounts that M-16's were pointed at people and tear gas was fired at crowds. Raw deal. Screw this government and Bush.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

The Remix wrote:
minimal house wrote:Id imagine there will be plenty of lawsuits against the state of Utah.
that is why insurance cost increase ever year. :wink:
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

John Clees wrote:
The Remix wrote:
that is why insurance cost increase ever year. :wink:
You know I just mean I hope that the state is held accountable for what they did- and that they pay-- it's a bad thing that needs to be rectified.
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

digitalCULT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by digitalCULT »

Remember the CzechTek-Party?

-> mnml.nl-thread <-

in eastern europe, i can imagine, that something like this happens, but in the states? ok, they have some really strange laws there, but i hadn't thought, that they are sick like that.....
http://www.recondite.ch - digital art for electronic music.
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

There was this RAVER'S RIGHTS Gung ho activist type on myspace that wanted people to join this Rave group and start rising up against the man-

I replied with this-
Dangerous Comedian Wrote:
As JJ said in another thread/group, join this group to help focus our efforts:<br>
<a href="http://groups.myspace.com/TheRaveUprisi ... ing</a><br>
<br>
Also, <a href="http://scott.connerly.net/blog/detail.p ... ost=365</a> for my summary of the goings on so far.
There's the problem right there- STOP HAVING RAVES- Call them anything else BUT RAVES. Ya know what stop using the word all together- since the rAVE ACT was introduced that whole term should have been blacklisted completely- call them parties or events- you know- and stop groups like RAVE POWER and Support THE RAVE ect.

Lets see- RAVE ACT-- - looking for people using the words RAVE to descrie their clubs-parties-groups and publications-- DUH!

Doesn't take Einstein to figure out what word to delete from you vocabulary.

Also- try to not draw more attention to illegal aspects of the scene- try not having DJ Names like- NickelBag Tom- DJ Koke HED - Assasins- DJ Burn w/ MC PILLage - Al CappOne- Juvy Trainer w/ MC Larceny

I mean for real-- Evol Intent- Maybe Rappers and hip hop acts can get away with this sh!t- but it's been proven time and time again- EDM is something that has a bad name with the public in general- especially with athorities!

It's sad to say this but the only differenct between a major rap or rock festival and a Party- is the major corporate and mainstream support. Thus having the same amount of drugs and theft and sexual behaviors so you can't have these labels w/o drawing attention to athorities about the (possible)EVIL INTENTS.

So what choice do WE have in this scene other than to make ourselves respectable and showcase the positive sides of our scene that is in dyer need of some EMS.
Stop going to events (and in real life IMO) with huge ripped dirty pants- a hoodie- and a bunch of do rags n sh!t- your mesy ass (tryin to be)dredlocks- don't bring a Q.P of the Dank to the party- stop making sure you have to REPrezent (Spelling intentional) SO FUCKING Hard-People there know -- try to have some self control with how much drugs you do especially @ an event.

I mean come on- you go to a cop station with a shirt that says "I Hate Fucking Pigs they should all rot in hell!" and say "Hey I was wondering if you could help me out here?" SAME BASIC IDEA.

I can't say this represents ALL "RAVERS" and believe me I'm still involved in the scene myself- but as far as this situation goes- yeah- take a look at the video-

Again- I thinkg this is a fucked up thing that happened and I pray thar the state pays for what they did to those kids- It's truely fucked up.

But an uprising is NOT the answer- You have to show them who is the bigger and better person(s). Not saying don't go after them in a legal manner- just don't get any illusions of a riot or anything like that.

The most powerful weapon against this- is your mind. USE it people.
theremixphilly@yahoo.com