Please navigate a newbie in the mnml techno scene

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
mrpostman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Please navigate a newbie in the mnml techno scene

Post by mrpostman »

Hi,

I'm Per Larsson from Sweden. I've been close to Electronic Music since my early years, but have never listened much to Techno, and even less to Minimal Techno. I've been more interested in the Trance scene of the early-to-mid 1990's.

But through Chain Reaction and Basic Channel, I recently discovered and started listening to Minimal Techno. I'm accustomed to Kompakt and the re-started Harthouse labels, as well as Oliver Lieb's (old Trance legend) Maschine imprint. I know more artists and labels by name and hits, but I lack a proper overview of the scene and its highlights.

Now I know there are a lot of Minimal Techno outthere, but I don't know where to start, really. It'd be great if you could drop me some artists and some labels that are, either your favorites, or considered significant. Please bring along a brief description of what sort of Minimal Techno you associate with the artist or label.

Thanks a lot!
It's What's In The Grooves That Counts!
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Hey Per,

Check the artist and labels section on the main forum index and all the info is there. Alternatively post something similar in the General section and I'd imagine you'll get a quicker response.

But while I'm here i may as well list a few of my fav labels ;)

Perlon (Undisputed no.1)
Archipel
Cadenza
Sud Electronic
Shitkatapult
Quagmire
Statik Entertainment
Magnus Molin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Magnus Molin »

mrpostman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mrpostman »

Hi guys and thanks for listing your favorites. I'll try and check 'em all out. I've heard only good things about Perlon and Cadenza (Luciano's label right?), so I look forward to get to know them a little bit more.
It's What's In The Grooves That Counts!
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

i would say, chain reaction and basic channel are a brilliant start.

something i just discovered and might be interesting for you:

rose & ulysse (artists)
edit select (label)