[Thinner] 078 | Marko Fürstenberg - Classics

- free art
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

I wanted to ask your guys thoughts on something...

Why do you think Marko Fürstenberg doesnt have many vinyl releases out? I know he has a few with Rotary Cocktail but is he strickly netlabel?

I have a discussion happening on another site standing up for netlabels. The guy on that site seems to think netlabel artists don't release on vinyl. Do you think there is a reason?
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

I think many people releasing on netlabels know that they get more publicity than on a 12" or whatever these days. it also give the producer more free hands to release what he/she wants as there's no profit behind the release, so the netlabels can take a chance on releasing something instead of playing it safe.

So, the exposure and the ability to release pretty much any idea you got is probably what's attracting alot of people I think.

but, most "netlabel artists" have released some vinyl anyway...
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

fredrikburok wrote:I think many people releasing on netlabels know that they get more publicity than on a 12" or whatever these days. it also give the producer more free hands to release what he/she wants as there's no profit behind the release, so the netlabels can take a chance on releasing something instead of playing it safe.

So, the exposure and the ability to release pretty much any idea you got is probably what's attracting alot of people I think.

but, most "netlabel artists" have released some vinyl anyway...
I like your point about giving the producer more freedom to release the music that they want since its not about money.

Thanks for the points.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

Another great Marko's release......nice.

You were ask why he doesnt have a lot of vinyl releases. I think Marko is a guy which make music because of love to music and of course i agree with fredrikburok when he say
fredrikburok wrote:I think many people releasing on netlabels know that they get more publicity than on a 12" or whatever these days. it also give the producer more free hands to release what he/she wants as there's no profit behind the release, so the netlabels can take a chance on releasing something instead of playing it safe.
multum in parvo
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

kill3rbass wrote:u seem to have a faster way to discover that kind of stuff ;)

same for the unfound release. not on labels page

thanks again mate :D

/me np: marko_fuerstenberg_-_t-shape
that way is easy, kill3rbass :wink:
many netlabels are hosted by archive.org or scene.org archives, where netlabel owners upload new releases. so if you are checking archives frequently and watching on netlabel happenings, you can find fresh new releases before they are officialy released on netlabels...
"smokin' hydroponic"
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

.kavo. wrote:
kage wrote:Remix of Marko Fürstenberg coming soon
are you talking about this? >
[THN078 | 25.7.2005] Marko Fürstenberg - Classics
kage wrote:You got me!
hey Brian :wink:
where is your remix?
"smokin' hydroponic"
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

remixes of new and old markomaterial is coming later.. lots of different known and unknown artists remixed i've "heard" ;)
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

thomasjaldemark wrote:remixes of new and old markomaterial is coming later.. lots of different known and unknown artists remixed i've "heard" ;)
looking forward to this...

finally release is on thinner webpage
:arrow: thn078
"smokin' hydroponic"