Simple question / difficult answer for PC laptop users

- ask away
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Simple question / difficult answer for PC laptop users

Post by Dragonsand »

Hello all.

Your laptop is broken, your laptop is ill, your laptop is old.. or whatever. You need a new one...

Of course you know that, when you buy your laptop, you'll get a super gift : Vista.

Concretely, for those who have bought a new laptop... How did you do? or what do you plan to do?

Vista is not stable enough for the moment (and a lot of programms don't work with it), and it's very difficult (and sometimes risky for the stability of the laptop) to install XP on a Vista PC...

Are PC users condamn to be blocked for severals months, waiting for a better Vista?

What are your advices? : /
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

(and, are there people here who use Vista? Could you tell us your experience with it?)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

If you have a XP version already, then just install it....
What do you mean with Vista PC's?
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

i would get a mac, bootcamp and tiny xp :)
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Yeah, I even thought that... buying a mac and installing xp on it.. but I find it a bit silly cause I'll never use osx...

and when I said "Vista PC's", I mean that when you buy a PC with, initially, Vista installed on it, it is difficult to uninstall and then install XP, because you have to get all the drivers, etc, and I've got some friends who have made it and have some errors with programms due to the fact of having replaced Vista by XP...

(and, furthermore, I'd like a vaio, and it's even more difficult with sony products, because you can't get the drivers as easily as with the other brands)

but, if some of you have had a good experience by installing XP, please let me know :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Dragonsand wrote:Yeah, I even thought that... buying a mac and installing xp on it.. but I find it a bit silly cause I'll never use osx...

and when I said "Vista PC's", I mean that when you buy a PC with, initially, Vista installed on it, it is difficult to uninstall and then install XP, because you have to get all the drivers, etc, and I've got some friends who have made it and have some errors with programms due to the fact of having replaced Vista by XP...

(and, furthermore, I'd like a vaio, and it's even more difficult with sony products, because you can't get the drivers as easily as with the other brands)

but, if some of you have had a good experience by installing XP, please let me know :)
get a thinkpad if your pc. I think vista will be fine soon enough... i've been hearing good things about the last updates.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

You can get a new PC with XP installed.

Dell still offers it on most of their notebooks.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Yes my Laptop is really slow with vista and i was plannin on switching back to XP,powers gone on it at the moment,as soon as thats sorted,i'm gonna do my best to switch back.