is beatport the best

- ask away
Trigga!!!
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

is beatport the best

Post by Trigga!!! »

for buying high quality mp3s of minimal techno? anyone reccomend any that might be better to do this? :D
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

no its not the best. too much sh!t, no quality control.

try kompakt mp3, better standard of tracks, also do a search, there has been many posts about this.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Beatport is by far the most popular and has more to choose from but the standard of a lot of tracks is sh!t
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

i only use beatport.
like said above, alot of crap releases, but i don't mind.
i love discovering new and unknown stuff from little labels. i love the virtual digging.
maybe in the future the low standard will irritate me, dunnow...
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

i quite like the layout of digital tunes, and it's cheaper per track, I had a fairly big order of tunes to buy a few weeks ago, but they don't support my bank card, and they kept denying my paypal account for well over a week (even though I had the funds for the transaction covered 10x over)
ended up buying 90% of the tracks on beatport, and going back a fortnight later and actually being able to get the rest...
they do put everything in a nice zip file though
docindo.dorsey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by docindo.dorsey »

well.... its the best for now. and im only talking in the format cuz i have to agree about the tracks that come out are not always the best... but thats for the people buying to decide.

what i like about the site and i haven't seen any other site do this is the " Virtual Digging". i can play a track but then go to the label or the artist or the other remixers all in the one screen. Not saying that no other sites do that cuz im sure they do. i just don't think they do it that well.

I like Kompakt but hate the interface for digging...
the shadows are moving....
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

kompakt doesnt offer wav files :x
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

i hate beatport. didnt like the fact that there was no quality control, also the fact they split things into wrong genres, and the dj charts mean sadly a lot of people dont browse they just see what others are playing...

then to top it off, i bought a copy of Terrance Dixon - Links

just cuts off after 4mins. i emailed, complaining. then they re-uploaded it to my downloads section. but no, same problem, buts off after 4mins.

did i hear back from them? no
do they care? no

i RARELY used it anyway but i fucking havent since...

www.whatpeopleplay.com

is what i use mostly...junodownload from time to time for some house...