please explain

- open
Femmerus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Femmerus »

roebin de freitas wrote:every time this discussion pops up there are some people mentioning terms like "sophisticated and intelligent"
I never really understood that :oops:
so true...
i also never understood the IDM, or Intelligent Dance Music, and what is so intelligent about the music itself.

I donno, but i never had the experience that music could think an develop itself...

The artist is still the intelligent one
:roll:
NIGHTFLY PartyGirl
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

Femmerus wrote:
roebin de freitas wrote:every time this discussion pops up there are some people mentioning terms like "sophisticated and intelligent"
so true...
i also never understood the IDM, or Intelligent Dance Music, and what is so intelligent about the music itself.

I donno, but i never had the experience that music could think an develop itself...

word
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i think this was already discussed...

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1704&start=0
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

harass wrote:
Femmerus wrote:
so true...

word
The music isn't the intellectual part obviously-- it meant that the music helps or promotes using you gnoggin to appreciate and understant it-- Thus Intellegent Dance Music

And I'm not saying you have to be a rocket scientist to get it-- just need to use your head to appreciate it and understand it even more so.

Happy Hardcore-- you neeed to only be able to keep a beat and wear gay clothes to appreciate it-- IDM is the complete other side of the tracks!

Ya know being a hippie about stuff can only go on to a certain extent-- you have a board Called MNML.NL and then you want to say "Why must we put opur music to such labels?' or "Why must music have this connotation to it?"'
Answer- cause it's a way to describe and usually that is what rings true in 96% of the time!

If you are gonna start saying stuff like Can Music solve Trig equasions and such- then you really are just taking comments and Ideas to the extreme - and not in a positive way.

Now lets go shake it to some Cabanne!
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

dsat wrote:i think this was already discussed...

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1704&start=0
never saw.. cool.
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

I still think saying the music you like is intelligent is snobish... as if other music -and the people listening to it- are stupid.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i think some music and some (many) people are stupid
no problem with that

the market and the airwaves are saturated with mindless, formulaic and commercial mass consumption music, and i'm certainly not being snobbish about it

it's an industry with industry (money) rules

the word "intelligent" for me refers to depth, artistic, pushing the envelope, content, intricate, emotional, ...
"intelligent" is not contempt...

i have absolutely no problem using the word "intelligent"
i live in a neighbourhood where there so many people whose intelligence equal that of Homer Simpson, and their musical tastes are far from intelligent, because they don't think with their head and heart, but only with their wallets and testicles
it may seem ugly to regard them as cattle... but lack of intelligence and independent thought leads to manipulation and mass behaviour and outright stupidity, but that doesnt mean that these people are bad, no need for contempt, but it's pretty stupid to pretend we're all on the same level

it took me a while to realise that, because I used to think everyone could have the same potential, but it's not the case, they're will always be a malleable mass and a manipulative equally stupid elite.... and then there's a minority of bystanders who try to live outside the mass...
it's been like that forever and this applies to art in general as well
and i'm not being snobbish at all

so much for using the word "intelligent"
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

dsat wrote:i think some music and some (many) people are stupid
no problem with that

the market and the airwaves are saturated with mindless, formulaic and commercial mass consumption music, and i'm certainly not being snobbish about it

it's an industry with industry (money) rules

the word "intelligent" for me refers to depth, artistic, pushing the envelope, content, intricate, emotional, ...
"intelligent" is not contempt...

i have absolutely no problem using the word "intelligent"
i live in a neighbourhood where there so many people whose intelligence equal that of Homer Simpson, and their musical tastes are far from intelligent, because they don't think with their head and heart, but only with their wallets and testicles
it may seem ugly to regard them as cattle... but lack of intelligence and independent thought leads to manipulation and mass behaviour and outright stupidity, but that doesnt mean that these people are bad, no need for contempt, but it's pretty stupid to pretend we're all on the same level

it took me a while to realise that, because I used to think everyone could have the same potential, but it's not the case, they're will always be a malleable mass and a manipulative equally stupid elite.... and then there's a minority of bystanders who try to live outside the mass...
it's been like that forever and this applies to art in general as well
and i'm not being snobbish at all

so much for using the word "intelligent"
Dead on! Cheerio!
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.