Hello Ola Bonjour Hallo

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
Hayden Wright
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Hello Ola Bonjour Hallo

Post by Hayden Wright »

Hi to all on here and a big kiss to all the ladies, hope your all well!

Im Hayden im 25 originally from the uk but now living in spain, ive been into music since i can remember really especially music with a techno influence, over the past 5 years ive been busy Djing and promoting nights such as neomenia and nts (neomenia techno sessions)
as a dj i love playing dark twisted tech house through to clicky, bleepy minimal techno and at the moment im trying my hand at producing which is going well but as anyone who has made a track before will know it takes time and a lot of hard work.

anyway thats a breif description about me i wont bore you and go on anymore, any questions just ask away!!!

hope to have fun on the board,

Hayden
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Wellcome on Board!

Post by Luis Isaac »

Yeah Production is the most complex things that have to deal with Clubbing..like a spiritual career...
I was reading your intro and I was curious about where in Spain do you live :roll:
Hayden Wright
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Hayden Wright »

live down on the costa del sol in benalmadena mate
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

Nice to meetcha, fellow newb.

Do either of you have any input on Madrid or Barcelona (I see one of you is from there) as far as starting a DJing/production career there? Like how difficult would it be for someone to show up there with no friends and break into the scene? And what is the scene like in those cities or Spain in general?

I'm considering Europe for my next move after Hong Kong and Spain is near the top of the list since I studied Spanish for four years.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

I was born next to Benalmadena, beside the Cadiz province frontier. There is such good temperature now; beaches, girls are all great :-). There are good clubs rocking in the summer like "Sala Paladium" or "Hotel Carlos V" also in Granada Quilombo, Copera, Emporio in Seville.
If you are producing you should take a look at a very good Malaga placed label which is starting centered in minimal "SimplexRecords".
Now i'm living since four years in Barcelona, moved looking for adventures.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Castronova wrote:Nice to meetcha, fellow newb.

Do either of you have any input on Madrid or Barcelona (I see one of you is from there) as far as starting a DJing/production career there? Like how difficult would it be for someone to show up there with no friends and break into the scene? And what is the scene like in those cities or Spain in general?

I'm considering Europe for my next move after Hong Kong and Spain is near the top of the list since I studied Spanish for four years.
nice to meet you Castronova, took a look at your myspace and i really had a good time reading your bio..
I would like to tell for my 4 years living in Barcelona experience that this is both sides of the coin.
Positive points...
--There is a great international artists activity here (take a look "www.clubbingspain.com" the section "agenda" includes a program). So there are so many shows almost everyday.
--- There are also so many artists living: Cristian Voguel, Jaime Lidell, Scott Herren.
-- Barcelona is one the best places to find job almos easily and there is a big international comunity living.
--It is a great place for improving (For example I was taking producing lessons from a british master, percussion from a brasilian and harmony from and Argentinian)
--Very good weather.
Those were good points.

Bad points..
--Expensive City
--I see only agency contract artist are well paid; That's a problem because there is a lot of people ready to play for free.
--too much party and drugs
--too much Las Ramblas

I hope this description can influence your decision