Your WMC?

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Your WMC?

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Curious who all went...any crazy adventures....horror stories...etc.

Even though I only live four hours from Miami, I almost always skip the WMC. Personally, I prefer going down there outside of the conference. Less crowds, more chill, & waaaay cheaper everything!
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

4 hours away? same here. where do you live?

for me it was my best conference yet. and it was also the cheapest. i think i only spent $200 from tuesday to sunday (but i slept for free in various friend's hotel rooms, i only slept maybe 8 hours total the whole week)

almost every party i went to was perfect. mathew johnson rooftop party (roam), free parties at the catalina and president, spent the entire day at ps14 and met all kinds of producers and djs (ps14 was like a mini-conference for the minimal scene) one guy (forget his name) wrote his own software to use the nintendo wii controller to midi control his ableton - he refuses to sell it to anyone. THE AM ONLY PARTY AT KARU AND Y ... best party of the week. but the highlight of wmc for me was a party that my friends and I threw at the pool/rec center on the roof of a friends condo she lives in, north beach.
JoeHell
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeHell »

i always leave WMC feeling like i missed so much - just to much going on at the same time. Enjoyed myself immensely specially the AM Only Party - missed cheap sunglasses, get lost afters, and sunday school though which i will rue all year. My ride demanded we go home sunday morning. and just to add i am also 3 1/2 - 4 hours away in Sarasota.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

15dollar for a burger with chips?????????????
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

My friend says it was great, although there were lots of 'mishaps' regarding set times and some inappropriate choices of venues for certain artists - eg: putting chilled artists on in areas where people were hyped and wanting something heavier and putting on artists that might have delivered that on in areas where no one would find them.

sounds like the programming went a bit astray.

But she's more into electro and electronic, so I don't know about the other parties and whatnot.

I heard some of it on the radio while I was driving the other day and some of it sounded great.

It is a lot more varied though than I'd thought.

I always pictured it as a mecca for Danny Tenaglia or Ibiza house fans....

I stand corrected :)
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

re.vise wrote:15dollar for a burger with chips?????????????
that's a bargain for wmc! When I was at Pawn Shop, I got myself into such an altered state of mind that I kept buying their fancy overpriced vitamin water all afternoon instead of just refilling it in the restroom faucet or something...until I realized I had spent like $75 on water :oops: :lol:

I missed it this year, but even cost aside...when else will you ever see so many good DJs in one spot in Miami? Particularly if you're into minimal/tech stuff...although you still get to see some good parties throughout the year, it just seemed to me that most of the time people in SoBe prefer to listen to crap :lol:
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

stevësto wrote:4 hours away? same here. where do you live?
New Smyrna Beach. Just across the state. 8)
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

re.vise wrote:15dollar for a burger with chips?????????????
Ease up, thats like a few euro's :lol: