[clever music] 008 | jpls - quad ep

- free art
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[clever music] 008 | jpls - quad ep

Post by gooner »

Clever Music netlabel...

Hold on to your potatoes, its hypnotic shenannigans from JPLS and a rather special remix from Mark-Henning!!!

1. Plusminus
2. Z-Program
3. Z-Program (Mark-Henning Rework)
4. Pls

Download the release for free here: http://www.clevermusic.net

OK…so how do I write this without mentioning Plastikman or using the word ‘minimal’…fck…

.................................................................................

We sent promos of JPLS to some of the greats from the contemporary magic/entertainment scene and they have been creating audio hullucinations for the likes of Derren Brown to Jimmy Saville. Through his use of recurrent sound scapes JPLS is able to create powerful psychological illusions that allow the conjuror, through persuasive technique, to engage in perceptual manipulation.

Recently making its debut at the new Derren Brown show in Covent Garden, 'Plusminus' creates an off-kilter rhythm that twists and turns around deeply atmospheric rhythms, which when played on loop can persuade large groups of listeners to spontaneously disrobe and begin to do the Macarena despite not having been taught the moves…spooky.

'Z-Program' can be used to induce deep psychological regressive states…repetitive tribal machine rhythms and hypnotic stabs allowing the listener to travel back…and back…and back…..and you are now hearing only the sound of the rhythm and you are falling back…and back... and you are now in your past life as a Victorian chamber maid. You are wearing a flowery skirt and are running through the fields with your companion Lucy, who is a naughty Victorian nymphomaniac…enjoy.

Our in-house magician, Mark-Henning utilized Z-Program’s regressive rhythms to create a hypnotherapy track perfect for those looking to stop smoking. Simply play the track and try to smoke as many cigarettes as possible before the track ends and repeat ad infinitum, until sick. Now, whenever you are in a club and you hear funky tripped out house music you will gag at the thought of smoking a ciggy. Now that’s magic.

Rumour has it that David Blaine won’t go near a magic stunt without the aid of subliminal, low slung techno. That’s right, that’s why he looked so fucked up when he came out of that box…no techno for a month. If only the yobs in London had brought some tunes like 'Pls' to keep David company instead of throwing eggs at the poor guy.

…Please be very careful in your use of the downloads: do not play while driving, engaging in the operation of heavy machinery or while watching a strobe light…

http://www.clevermusic.net
Last edited by gooner on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

wow :shock: jpls
i am wondering :wink:
downloading...
"smokin' hydroponic"
ciste
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ciste »

Wow! that surprise!

Clever music never does not mistake!!
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Another great Clever Music release!

These are four tracks that define minimal. The blurb in the writeup comparing them to Plastikman is spot on, but they also have their own flavor that's nothing like 99% of what's out there.

JPLS's tracks only get better with time. I've got a lot of his old tracks laying around that I always seem to re-discover when I'm driving in the car. I think he has a time-traveling Delorian, and he brings back tracks from the future as well as a sports almanac to make a little money on the side...
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

Very very cool release.. Program is my favourite.. sick!
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
Timothy Claypole
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Timothy Claypole »

Stunning stuff guys....it really is.

Minimal hypnotica at its finest. Hawtin will be all over this!!!!

Clevermusic is on fire! :twisted:
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

thanks for the nice comments guys :) glad you enjoy!

cheers.
mark
protrox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by protrox »

Really a fantastic pure minimal release...

8)