Richie Hawtin

spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

primevil wrote:I’m glad it’s not only me who isn’t feeling him any more. I think the biggest factor about what I don’t like about Hawtin at the moment is that it’s no longer art. I’ve seen him do some special special sets where it’s a true journey and artistic showcase. These days he’s just a DJ, not an artist. I respect Villalobos a lot more these days, as although he’s also become a real big name, he has still maintained his quality in approach. Hawtin used to make me feel on edge and it was raw and advanced, unfortunately it’s just not that way now.
can't say better

i wish him to come back to the defx days..
Klopgeest
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Klopgeest »

he will be there at 10days off in july !

hope to enjoy his soundsssssss
- Minimal is not just a sound, it's a passion -

www.myspace.com/cisse009
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Infact the best time I have seen Hawtin in the last year or so was the last 20mins of when he played for Narod Niki at Sonar. There were no cheesy hands in the air moments, no glasses of champagne in between each base cut/drop; it was real deep emotional underground electronic pure experimentation.

It’s quite strange actually because it wasn’t exactly the best thing I’ve ever seen him do (far from it), it’s just the fact that he was so into it and concentrating on his art, like he was pushing him and having to think a lot more again self again, which refreshing to see.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

spideresistance wrote:
TwelveHundred wrote:Excuse me for not bieng in the loop and I heard a rumor about this....

Richie has a child?

Wow.
who cares? if he's straight, b or gay, if he likes to being tongue-kissed by sven or ricardo, who fucking cares? bullshit!!! please re-focus on the music, wich is the only thing we have to care about in the first place, especially at parties...
I totally agree, I just never thought richie would settle down like that.
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

primevil wrote:Infact the best time I have seen Hawtin in the last year or so was the last 20mins of when he played for Narod Niki at Sonar. There were no cheesy hands in the air moments, no glasses of champagne in between each base cut/drop; it was real deep emotional underground electronic pure experimentation.

It’s quite strange actually because it wasn’t exactly the best thing I’ve ever seen him do (far from it), it’s just the fact that he was so into it and concentrating on his art, like he was pushing him and having to think a lot more again self again, which refreshing to see.

you mean this

TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

Reflecting on this...
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Oh yes fo sho! Great memories, so deep and heady, it was special that for sure. I do think with Hawtin though, aside from the views i've already made, I do also think he's only as good as the current state of Techno. If all the new sh!t coming out isn't quite cutting it, then he will be affected as he's always been about playing the most advanced stuff.

If there is some crazy sh!t round the corner, he'll usually be the 1st to know, the only thing I worry about is if he's got so big it could distort his purpose.

We'll see I guess.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

primevil wrote:Oh yes fo sho! Great memories, so deep and heady, it was special that for sure. I do think with Hawtin though, aside from the views i've already made, I do also think he's only as good as the current state of Techno. If all the new sht coming out isn't quite cutting it, then he will be affected as he's always been about playing the most advanced stuff.

If there is some crazy sht round the corner, he'll usually be the 1st to know, the only thing I worry about is if he's got so big it could distort his purpose.

We'll see I guess.
I think that hits it in a nutshell man. 8)