mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pdomino »

My point exactly Mr.Bateman
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

pascalo wrote:Hey, this was just my 2p ..
fair enough, the press doesnt give enough coverage to the underground, but then, thats what makes it underground. My neighbors setup a bar at tipsy last year.

I slag off most sound systems, including most of hte ones i setup. pretty boxes dont impress me when physics call for different approaches.
freeeeeee
Nuke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nuke »

Gross into therefore for me Berlin isn't the sacred the organizer himself locate to for the scene but there is enough other cities too.although there are big and many parties in berlin,but it is like a big fight everyone wants the better lineup and catch the people...and the is the question again do u want to have everyone on ur party or only the people really love this music...therefore for me is for example also one town Cologne with very big musical influence.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

A bit of hte opposite is happening in berlin. There are too many dj crews making small parties. Its somewhat true to the roots of the movement and ya gotta dig a diy attitude. However, in practice, its a lot of scenesters with a few friends that cant get gigs on their own and make small bullshit parties. It can get real annoying hearing the same records on the groove charts by a bunch of guys that cant beatmatch or program to save their life.

I dont want a dancefloor with 3000 people either.
freeeeeee
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Move to berlin, was that what started this topic....lol...never been there and would love to visit but do know i can enjoy the techno and what i would call minimal, umm never to be confused with house or trance yet i do love renditions of bongos intertwined in the melody...ofcourse...ok for me its a party in the middle of a cornfield in Indiana that gets the minimal juices flowing and having peps that have no clue diggin on those beats for the first time...i hope to never be about the prestige, fame, or in-crowd of a music genre, just there and loving it and giving my all as long as its somewhat out there...and all my own...the thing about minimal is just that its minimal, it agrees with the simple things...the simple life we choose...and why make it complicated, i know art does this and yes minimal is art but look in the mirror and ask what do you see and does it match what you hear...it dont matter where you live or where you play, if its love, then people will dig...dont matter wher you're at or who you are modeling...granted we have influences but being able to take those and run in your own direction is great and in the same sense not having the in audience can be deflating, but market surveys and trends can all go in a magazine...there is peps all over the world in every small spot that love this genre...you just dont know it :P