Artists moving to Germany to better their art

- open
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

I haven't read all through the topic yet, but I think a lot of people are overlooking the atmosphere and the inspiration you get from being in a creative atmosphere (i'm not just talking about music but all arts, the theatre scene is unbelievable in Berlin, there's great museums and a lot of underground/ alternative art initiatives)

there's just soooooooooo much going on in many different ways......

On me it really had an inspiring effect.....
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

zzebbirt wrote:On me it really had an inspiring effect.....
Inspiration comes as many different things for each individual ;)
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

Jesse Somfay wrote:
zzebbirt wrote: So I disagree that's it just up to the artist.......

It's all about the oppurtunities.
I live in a really small and quaint sort of artsy town in the middle of Southern Ontario with no EMD culture at all and look where I am ;) Proof that you don't need to live in a city full of EDM culture to succeed. It may be different for some people, but all I need to keep me going is myself and plenty of sunny mornings.
sure.....but one thing does not stand in the way of the other

I agree to the fact that quality comes floating up from wherever.....but that's a whole different discussion :wink:
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

Jesse Somfay wrote:
zzebbirt wrote:On me it really had an inspiring effect.....
Inspiration comes as many different things for each individual ;)
offcourse, but being around other creative people stimulates........(at least in general)

It's hard to deny that..... :roll:

anywayz that my take on why people move to germany (and Berlin especially)
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

Jesse Somfay wrote: I live in a really small and quaint sort of artsy town in the middle of Southern Ontario with no EMD culture at all and look where I am ;) Proof that you don't need to live in a city full of EDM culture to succeed. It may be different for some people, but all I need to keep me going is myself and plenty of sunny mornings.
i guess we are not talking about having a big electronic scene only. we are talking about being in a city with artists form all styles and all kind of disciplines, and that's happening in berlin. but of course not only in berlin.
it is just that in berlin is happening a lot in the discipline we like.

my last question... were are u now jesse?
nice for your age, but probably with your talent you may be further ahead now if you were located in the right place. that's my point.
the right place with the right people. it has always been like that in life in all aspects, not only musical.
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

Der geile Ami wrote: just a random reply. Ive never experienced any other city with such a burningman type of creative energy. I wont get started on nonmsical expression.
8)
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

zzebbirt wrote:I agree to the fact that quality comes floating up from wherever.....but that's a whole different discussion :wink:
aha...
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

isabella wrote: i guess we are not talking about having a big electronic scene only. we are talking about being in a city with artists form all styles and all kind of disciplines, and that's happening in berlin. but of course not only in berlin.
it is just that in berlin is happening a lot in the discipline we like.

my last question... were are u now jesse?
nice for your age, but probably with your talent you may be further ahead now if you were located in the right place. that's my point.
the right place with the right people. it has always been like that in life in all aspects, not only musical.
I've played club dates with artists like Andy Vaz and Riley Reinhold, released a couple tunes and have a tonne of stuff set for release as well as ideas for a tour to support my album release. I have two booking agents, knows lots of people, and I have friends who support what I do in many places. Not to gloat or anything of course. This is just how things are for me. Somehow I just ended up meeting all the right people for all the right reasons.

As 'what if I lived in a different place' and would it better me, I don't really like to bother with all the "what ifs" which arise. I am where I am and I will go where my life takes me and where I want to go. I don't bother speculating, I just accept things as they are now and constantly improve myself for myself and my career.

It's a different trip in life for every artist no matter where they live, what they've accomplished, who they know, etc. It's a really personal journey. There really is no formulaic journey to success. Either you do what you love or you don't.

Perhaps some places would aid me in improving my art, but those places might not do anything for other artists. I am just saying everyone if different that way. Of course some people prefer the same places, but I am sure most of them have slightly differing feelings and perspectives of the places they live in.

For me, I am determined to make wonderful sound and art wherever I am in this world in whatever atmospheres are around me. Many artists have different ways of being inspired creatively :) I just happen to find that my way is very intimate, personal and emotional...it involves more of my inner self rather than my surroundings. This is just how I work though. Others work differently of course.