- open
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Artists moving to Germany to better their art

Post by AbstraKt »

Is there any validity to this?

Why are they moving there?

Artists have moved to minimal captial Berlin to be closer with like minded individuals or groups for there art.

Is it easier because there is a market for them? Where experimentation is accepted.

I would really like to know what other people think before I move. :)
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

ehhh..
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

- why everyone started wearing adidas sneakers, a while ago?
- because they look keeewl...

will Berlin drown into its own hype? me wonders :roll:
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

yeah...i know a few people that have moved myself...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I think it's pretty obvious why americans move to Europe, because the scene for electronic music is way bigger here in Europe, and they all say that 90% of the gigs they have are placed in Europe, and yes, Berlin is a fucking great city, with lots and lots of parties and artists....
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

Not only Berlin, but also the rest of Germany, Holland and the rest of Europe are great for parties.
When you move to europe, you don't have to fly over 14 hours just to play for 2 hours on a gig.
And just what Patrick said, the scene is over there and not in America. When you played, for instance, in 5 clubs in NYC you have played in the whole scene there....in Germany and Holland there are a zillion parties and festivals where you could play, so there's work to be done......
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

patrick bateman wrote:I think it's pretty obvious why americans move to Europe, because the scene for electronic music is way bigger here in Europe, and they all say that 90% of the gigs they have are placed in Europe, and yes, Berlin is a fucking great city, with lots and lots of parties and artists....
they also move to europe because it's cheaper to live compared to the US... :wink:
but moving to berlin to better your art is bullshit, you can do your thing from anywhere, sometimes it's even better to be a bit isolated from the entire circus, so you can do your thing without having to be influenced so you can be more spontaneous in your music
i think if you put too many people who are into minimal together, they will surely end up over-intellectualising the whole thing resulting in unnecessary elitist bullshit... but that's maybe another topic :?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I really think it's great to be among likeminded people. Of course, we live in a modern world with modern technology, and it's possible to sit almost anywhere in the world and produce music, and upload it to the label, and stuff like that, BUT, there's really a lot more to it than just that...

I think it's great to be in Berlin, cause you have a lot of like minded dj's/aritsts/labels and so on there. So if you have a little network, then you have a lot of friends to see, hang out with, talk to, do business with and so on. I really believe that's the way to move forward, cause you can better make small deals with guys you know, than with people that you're only emailing.