OK THE MELODIES

- ask away
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I have no idea how you could come up with melody based on a system of trial and error. Well.....i guess i can, but how do you breathe soul into it that way? I was a musician way before i started to produce electronic music and i take the same tactics into my techno stuff. Everybody7 should take the time to learn how to play as well as click buttons and turn knobs. Once you get to the point of being comfortable with your instrument enough to improvise on the fly then you're ready to make melodies all day long. There are ten million drum beats out there and almost every combination with drum sounds and placement have already been made. The thing that will set you apart is your melodic touch. The producers in electronic music that have had the most success are all much better musicians and songwriters than they are producers. If you really want to do this sh!t you should definitly consider learning to play something like a guitar, keyboard, accordian, violin or something. You won't regret it.
pdomino
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pdomino »

Not much to go on but try to make keys or sounds inter twine, work together, sound similar sometimes works best for me
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

i was a guitarist for years and perhaps that helped me get an ear for pitch, but really it's as simple as letting your ear tell you if it works or not. if you have a a basic synthline you can imagine where you want it to go, strike a key and listen back, then you can go up or down until you hear it come into key. if you can't hear or "feel" when it comes into key then you are fucked and will have to hire someone to do them for you.......

kidding, keep trying, if it's a goal in your music you will accomplish it the same way you learned everything else, keep at it ask others and evaluate your proggression.