mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jek »

vakant has had two releases and the're both smokin!! :D
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

really looking forward to hearing the album.

love his remix of safari as well.
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

just bought the album! Awesome!!
*I support southern fruits*
JayDreamin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JayDreamin »

somebody elsewhere reccomended him to me. Good stuff for sure
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

he used to do trance from what i hear then i heard that vakant release called simple things and there is this nasty inside cut that punched me dead in my jaw. same kinda revelation went on with james holden as well. "the sky was pink" is one nasty piece!
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

i was thinking of nathan fake not alex smoke doing trance although im picky with smoke's tracks. some are incredible while others im like this can't be the same guy.
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

i'm a bit picky with smoke stuff as well. he starts really cool but half way through he gets a big dramatic change that i can't relate to ever, and that takes your set somewhere completly different , so if i do play his stuff its very fast mixing.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
d-JCB
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-JCB »

just got the alex smoke single "on" on soma [soma174], with the jay haze remix - have to say, impressed with both the main alex smoke track "OK (Smoke's Indifferent Mix)" and the "Jay Haze's 'Trippin' at the P-Bar Dub" on the flip...

http://www.somarecords.com/music/soma_174/

alex smoke is definitely one to watch, i'm liking him more with each new release - i think his more recent stuff is his strongest work. his label vakant is on the money with releases by people like mathias kaden (of hemman & kaden fame on freude-am-tanzen - check out their remix on boxer, ooooooh!), robag wruhme and of course 2 ep's by alex himself.
[... | .. . _ . ... |./..\... ./... .:. .\|.. . . |..]