Ruso - Midnight

- music
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Ruso - Midnight

Post by Ruso »

hmm Midnight anyone? My latest track, also my first after I got my microKORG :-D I hope you enjoy. Feedpack more then welcome, positive or negative.... although I will mention I need to tweak with the levels a bunch some parts have too much pump because for three days that I spent working on it, the bass knob on my mixer was turned down :-P and I realised after I uploaded and all.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJ7WVDOM
twisted-plastik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-plastik »

Nice sounds and mood in track..
nice !!
deep,down and dirty...
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

thanks for the response man, first real feedback for my music :).
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

what too happy for you you kids? ;) Anyways I've been working on fixing the levels of the vocals trying to fix em a lil, they seem to a. overpower and b. seem to be missing any form oh highs ;)... like I said I realised that my lows on my eq have been turned down for all the time I worked on it so I didn't notice. Also I'm trying to work on the hats a little, they seem a bit funky to me. Sudgestions on that?
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Nice track man, I like the vibe to it, good chirpy tune. You mentioned the hats, well more a term you'd use for the kick but they seem a bit punchy (could just be my tastes). Not sure how to word it but they'd sound better being lighter in my opinion to fit with the rest of the track. That sound I hear at 2:27 it seems a bit loud and I'm not sure if it fits the sound of the rest of the track. Just toning it down a bit on the volume should sort that out.

Overall I like it though, good refreshing piece. Keep it up.
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

yea the part at 2:27 is one of the main things that I'mt rying to fix.... that's what I refered to as the voice.... and by hats I was refering to hi-hats.... But yea the "voice" at 2:27 actually does fit perfectly into the track in my opinion, just not in the levels it is.... it all got screwed up by my lows being turned down and now I"m having issues trying to fix it... And I'm happy with the way it flows with the track and remaking the original sample would be way too much work so I'm gonna have to fix it some other way... As for the bd's, there's no compression on them so they're not pumping but I can see what you mean... another thing I overlooked when analyzing it...

anyways thanks for feedback I'll definetly take advice.