Daniel "dbx" Bell: Appreciation thread

smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: agree!

Post by smith »

jakGALT wrote:Love his respect for true minimalism and raw sht....BEST DJ hands down I have witnessed ever!
You obviously haven't heard his mates Claude Young or Shake. These are the guys Dan learned from.. I heard him spin a few times in the mid 90's and it was pretty weak, it's great that he's kept at it and pulled his socks up.

,g
domnugogu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by domnugogu »

respect 4 tha man 8)
mikob
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mikob »

v404 wrote:PLEASE REPRESS YOUR RECORDS. They're in high demand and people want them again. Not just the old DBX stuff but some of the great 7th City releases too..

I'm just planting seeds is all...
True, a few things i missed on 7th city years back i now wish i had
bass_sheep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bass_sheep »

How about DBX - Vampirella . anybody familiar with this one. Came out on an Japanese Label, cannot remember the name of the label at the moment, but thats a superb Dan Bell record. Quirkier and Bleepier than most of his other records and thats hard to beat....;)
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

Dan Bell is a total gent, one of my main influences for the past however many years and this weekend i had the amazing pleasure to discover he's been playing my stuff and even gave me a place in his chart this month

chart may 06

Daniel Bell

01. Audio Werner (Promo) - Perlon
02. Bang Goes "Dancer" - Bruchstueke
03. Fema Kuti "Traitors of Africa" - Restricted Access
04. Texture "Registry Check" - Klickhaus
05. Alex Under "Multiplicanciones 2" - Apena
06. Fabio Della Torre & David C. "Magenta" - Tenax
07. Omar S. "Detroit" - FXHE
08. Cassy "Toyah" (CDR) - Cassy1
09. Locodice "Shadows" (Promo) - Minus
10. DJ Jus Ed "Project 36" - Underground Quality

http://www.ordinedisordine.blogspot.com/ and scroll down for any doubters.

obviously this made my weekend

long live DBX
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

also at Beatport and other good record stores
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

bass_sheep wrote:How about DBX - Vampirella . anybody familiar with this one. Came out on an Japanese Label, cannot remember the name of the label at the moment, but thats a superb Dan Bell record. Quirkier and Bleepier than most of his other records and thats hard to beat....;)
bought it for 4 pounds in a 2nd hand shop in camden
sick record!
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Squirrel Bait! really different from the other stuff on this record...sounds like he really tweeked out a drum synth of some sort for this track!
JThoma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JThoma »

I really like the Rhodes track on Telegraph. I still remember when that record came out, everytime I played that track people would come up to the booth and ask WTF that was, without fail. I would practicaly time it to see how long it took someone to ask. :)

Hard to say which record is my favorite, probably Lost Traxx on Klang nice artwork too.