Clubs in [USA] NYC?

- open
micronink
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Clubs in [USA] NYC?

Post by micronink »

Was just wondering if anyone would know of some places to check out for minimal or deep house out in nyc. i'm about to take a trip down there this weekend and was wondering what was good.

The places i usually like to go to are usually look shitty outside but have the best music. i hate the whole mega club scene.
GonJ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by GonJ »

The best place I know for Deep House is The Frying Pan. It's actually a boat + pier. I believe its at the very end of 17th street on the Hudson river. It's where the Turntables on the Hudson party is held. I went there last time I was in NYC and it was incredible. The DJ's spin a mix of deep house, latin, jazz-house, etc.

A good place for minimal would be on Fridays at Subtonic (107 Norfolk Street), a night called The Bunker. This Friday is David Fine and Tim Xavier.
micronink
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by micronink »

thanks, i'll be sure to check them out :D
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

GonJ wrote:The best place I know for Deep House is The Frying Pan. It's actually a boat + pier. I believe its at the very end of 17th street on the Hudson river. It's where the Turntables on the Hudson party is held. I went there last time I was in NYC and it was incredible. The DJ's spin a mix of deep house, latin, jazz-house, etc.

A good place for minimal would be on Fridays at Subtonic (107 Norfolk Street), a night called The Bunker. This Friday is David Fine and Tim Xavier.
those are my 2 favorites spots in nyc as well! (the frying pan is at the end of west 23rd)

dirty diiiiiiiiiiiirty spots ;)

http://www.turntablesonthehudson.com/
http://www.klever.org/thebunkernyc/