projectmix i/o

- ask away
mimusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

projectmix i/o

Post by mimusic »

I was wondering if any of you has any experience with the Projectmix I/O (m-audio). I'm seriously thinking of buying one for producing and DJ-ing in Ableton. The things I really think are important and that the projectmix has are:

- motorized faders (supports Ableton through Mackie Control)
- LCD screen
- multiple outputs (4 mono)
- multiple inputs (8 phantom-powered mic/line preamps)

=> all this combined in 1 machine

The only drawback is that this machine has been out there for almost a year now and perhaps there will be something new released soon.

Are there any alternatives out there with the 4 main points above included???

Cheers,

mimusic
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

i'm in the same position as you. looking at projectmix for about 6 months, not sure if i should buy it or not.

have heard different reviews. most where very postiv, but also some negativ ones.

an alternativ is the digidesign digi 002. but i favor the m-audio unit at the moment.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

m-audio uses to make units with a lot of good thought and useful features, but i (and many others) have made bad experiences with m-audio... the qality is poor... i would not suggest this one.
unfortunately i can't give you a good alternative
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

4am wrote:m-audio uses to make units with a lot of good thought and useful features, but i (and many others) have made bad experiences with m-audio... the qality is poor... i would not suggest this one.
i see what you're talking about. lots of m-audio stuff was bad.

but in this particular case i heard that they made a really good unit for once. so i'm not sure what to do. all the other stuff was not that good and suddenly this should be a good deal.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

4am wrote:m-audio uses to make units with a lot of good thought and useful features, but i (and many others) have made bad experiences with m-audio... the qality is poor... i would not suggest this one.
grüessli from solothurn bye the way :wink:
mimusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mimusic »

what do you mean with the quality is poor ??
is it the sound quality, the built quality, or maybe the software compatibility?

thanks for the feedback!

-mimusic
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

sound quality on maudio is dirty cheap.
Could be good for beginners, but I'd stay away from it, really, better save money for a couple of months more... and buy something pricey but good sounding, after all we're about sound aren't we.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

mimusic wrote:
what do you mean with the quality is poor ??
is it the sound quality, the built quality, or maybe the software compatibility?

thanks for the feedback!

-mimusic
- sound quality is weak
- built quality is not the best
- software compatibility is good
- the drivers are a disaster (how many times i had to reinstall the drivers before a show.... for me the worst point)
- the functions and features are good
- design is also not bad at all
- marketing is very good :wink: