Problem with unfoundsound mp3´s and ableton

- open
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I've noticed VBR mp3s won't decode in my ableton.
yeah, I know this! but our files are not vbr, so that's not the problem!
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

.kavo. wrote:its not devasting the sound if you re-encode - transcode any lossy formats?
yes, you definetely loose a tiny bit of quality, but it's not that bad!
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

slightly offtopic:
does anyone else think the MP3 decoding for Ableton is a small waste of time anyway? It doesn't really save space as it decodes it into a workable .wav file. So now instead of just having the mp3 or jsut the wave, you have both on your harddrive. In theory, you're actually taking up more space. And the other part I hate is that it sometimes randomly re-decodes mp3s for no reason. Anybody have that problem? Later!
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:slightly offtopic:
does anyone else think the MP3 decoding for Ableton is a small waste of time anyway? It doesn't really save space as it decodes it into a workable .wav file. So now instead of just having the mp3 or jsut the wave, you have both on your harddrive. In theory, you're actually taking up more space. And the other part I hate is that it sometimes randomly re-decodes mp3s for no reason. Anybody have that problem? Later!
yes i really hate that useless decoding, i dont understand, why track must be converted in wav :?

beacuse of that ableton decoding i still decode tracks to wav in extrenal converter and then put them in ableton...

IMO, ableton decoding, really useless option :evil:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

agreed. And when you use an external decoder it always loads the tracks faster in ableton versus decoding all the mp3s over and over.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I think it still keeps it slightly compressed, doesn't take up more Hdd space but u are right - it would be better to run straight from the original MP3.

One day.....

on the non useable files...

unfound need to check that all loop markers are removed pre encoding perhaps ?

sometimes that can cause problems.

depends also how was encoded...

I've suffered a lot of these types of problems from doing software development on a computer game, it tends to be annoying things like that.

poss be if u are generating tractor or ableton data and embedding in the file perhaps this have a funny effect.

would be interesting to see if u get to the bottom of it - I will try dloading some of ur stuff and will have a wee look at the files.

I'll PM u if I find anything funny.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

there are loop markers in here, dunno if it's traktor, live, acid, logic/similar, but generally they should be removed unless u specifically want them in for using them for djing or whatnot.

haven't tried opening in live yet.

while I'm on it....

this music is amazing, really liking the unfound shizz :)

I digress tho, can see no reason these shouldn't open, but sometimes loop markers cause us bother when we are implementing sounds into game engines...it could be related....or not
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

highmel wrote:Yeeaaapppp ! It works - thank you guys !!!
Now there will be no more reason to use traktor anymore ;)
:lol:
You're welcome :)