midi automation in live 5?

- ask away
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

midi automation in live 5?

Post by provaznik »

i have looked over the manual and searched the site but i cannot get my computer keyboard or mouse to automate anything, i have to draw it in by hand. a bit tedious if you ask me. am i missing something?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

press the record button while you have the controls assigned to knobs. after ur done, just press play again and it will work.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

but this recordes the automation to the track view and not to the clips itself.. right? how can i record it to the clips?
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

plaster wrote:press the record button while you have the controls assigned to knobs. after ur done, just press play again and it will work.
do i use the same procedure if i am on a computer keyboard?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

provaznik wrote:
plaster wrote:press the record button while you have the controls assigned to knobs. after ur done, just press play again and it will work.
do i use the same procedure if i am on a computer keyboard?

err, i'm not sure what do you mean with the computer keyboard.

basicly you got two midi actions...key or knob as far as i remember. i never managed to assign keyboard to control the value.

it's the same process.

or, you can just press record as i described and move the knobs with the mouse. it's the same.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

tsod wrote:but this recordes the automation to the track view and not to the clips itself.. right? how can i record it to the clips?

render the automated clip. as far as i know that's the only option. or.. real time recording on another channel.
edin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by edin »

whit computer keyboard u can control only switch on/off controlls...,
when u press ctrl + k on pc you can set witch button to control... it should work
edin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by edin »

tsod wrote:but this recordes the automation to the track view and not to the clips itself.. right? how can i record it to the clips?

arm session enabled,.. the control set to knob on controller, start playback, do the move & it works..(midi clips)