10%
NOOOO! I don't like people asking me for money
21%

Total votes: 29

isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

patrick bateman wrote:hmmm, sorry I'm really not sure about that.

What are the plans?

If I shold pay to use all the forums that I'm using, I probably would cut away those that I should pay for, UNLESS that they had something really outstanding. At the moment this site don't have that. It's just a forum, nothing special here.
Hehe, sorry to disagree mr. bateman, but in this case mnml.nl is more than a forum for you. You promote here your releases, you make a tshirt contest. I know for sure that without mnml.nl you couldn't have been able to meet some of your label artists. And wouldn't be able to have that much feedback and input on your music. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And this is the case for a lot of djs, producers, little labels and netlabels here.

This in not a board.. this is THE BOARD :P

What if we close this forum tomorrow? A lot of people (and when I say a lot I mean A LOT) won't have a "space" for sharing ideas, livesets, news, tips, interests and many things more.

Don't underestimate the power of a tool like mnml.nl... :wink:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

But unfortunately I do not own a credit card.

what then, no mnml for us? :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I think i've gotten a lot out of this board, and will continue to do so.. I have no problem donating.. it won't be my life savings but yeah i'd donate.. Would be nice to hear about these plans tho.. Either i think its a good idea.. :)
Deef
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Deef »

i previously posted i'll consider donating, but i don't have a creditcard... so... what about such members like me? will there also be the possibility to do it the 'old' way via a direct transfer to your bank account? :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

isabella wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:hmmm, sorry I'm really not sure about that.

What are the plans?

If I shold pay to use all the forums that I'm using, I probably would cut away those that I should pay for, UNLESS that they had something really outstanding. At the moment this site don't have that. It's just a forum, nothing special here.
Hehe, sorry to disagree mr. bateman, but in this case mnml.nl is more than a forum for you. You promote here your releases, you make a tshirt contest. I know for sure that without mnml.nl you couldn't have been able to meet some of your label artists. And wouldn't be able to have that much feedback and input on your music. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And this is the case for a lot of djs, producers, little labels and netlabels here.

This in not a board.. this is THE BOARD :P

What if we close this forum tomorrow? A lot of people (and when I say a lot I mean A LOT) won't have a "space" for sharing ideas, livesets, news, tips, interests and many things more.

Don't underestimate the power of a tool like mnml.nl... :wink:
Sorry, but you are wrong Isabella ;)

Everybody on this board are on other boards too. It's true that I promote my releases and stuff on here, but I do the same on a lot of other boards too, and ehm, which artist from TTT have I meet on this board?

It is true that this board might be one of the best and with the most dedicated people, because we're so concentrated on minimal music, BUT what else than a board can mnml.nl offer me if I should pay money to use it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing you guys. You do a great job and I love this board, but from there and to pay money for something that is available free on all other boards?

You wrote:
since the mnml.nl site has a lot of projects in mind for the future, we might need some extra support money for them.
Maybe if you told us more about these projects and how the economics for these are, and why this is a problem for you? You could also try with banner ads. Maybe I would be more interested in buying a banner on here when I have a new release, instead of paying you a few Euro's every month to use the forum :wink:

Again, what projects are you thinking about?
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

A lot of people think that websites are for free, but I can tell you, it's not!

I suggest: close the livesets topic, and open it only for donaters (even when they pay €1)
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

Deef wrote:i previously posted i'll consider donating, but i don't have a creditcard... so... what about such members like me? will there also be the possibility to do it the 'old' way via a direct transfer to your bank account? :)
Sure! All the possibilites are open. You just have to give us ideas, and tell us what you want. :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

kiwi wrote:A lot of people think that websites are for free, but I can tell you, it's not!

I suggest: close the livesets topic, and open it only for donaters (even when they pay €1)
I think all know that, but it's the same for all websites, forums and so on.
I suggest you try something with banners for a start. I think TTT would be interested in that if the price is reasonable.