mono synth: SH101 v DSI mopho keyboard

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

+101 sh101

that thing holds its own against the greatest music machines in the universe. Very versatile as well, totally not a 1 trick pony.

MC202 is very very similar sound/circuit I believe, which also pop up on ebay, a touch lower in price. Although the sequencer is kind of a massive pain in the arse.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

steevio wrote:i was very dissappointed in the Prophet in the end, too digital... un-tweakable
(but for how much longer ?)
x2
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

The mopho has sub osc, a single prophet 08 voice and then some. Also has some exciting seq capabilities. Not heard it direct though, owned a 101, loved it, quality and heavy synth. Wicked bass synth but a waldorf pulse plus is a cheaper and better buy than both imo.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cue all the pulse haters lol.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

what about the vermona MonoLancet?
This one seems like quite a great monophonic analog synth too. Any one tried it ?

Very much thinking of grabbing this one thx to Mr Santa. So would love opinions on the beast. Might need its own thread though...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

mono lancet is great. had the chance to play on one and thought it was really good.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

i bought recently dark energy and i have to admit that it sounds really boring..okay, it has supermegafreaking fast lfos but that`s about it almost.

and no noise generator..pfff
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

you cant compare the mopho with the prophet 8 (single voice).
anyway the mopho has a moogish sound. sub bass is good.
it doesnt sound digital but it can produce sounds that are different to the typical simple monosynths cause it has a lot modulation sources (3 env, 4 lfo, sequencer with 4 rows) and stereo output for pan modulation.
so if you know how to programm a softsynth you can be very happy with the mopho. if you just want a foolproof classic analog sounding machine take something different.

i really like it for having this hybrid structure. but you should here it in action.
for the price you get a doepfer dark energy or mfb microzwerg also.
the doepfer is a one osc with a pure powerfull sound. gets more versatile in combination with other halfmodular synths.
check the limited sem oberheim pro edition with midi and cv.
techno made me do it