Wolfgang Voigt - Studio 1

patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

yes, Wolfgang is concentrating on the whole Kompakt empire ;) Does a few remixes and stuff from time to time, but not much. Remember that he has been into producing music since late 80'ies/start 90'ies.
MicrominiKev
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MicrominiKev »

The only time I've been completely starstruck in the last 10 years was when I met Wolfgang at the Pollerwiesen in 2004. Shaking his hand totally MADE my year.

I don't think any artist has amazed me more consistently, whether it was the first Mike Ink records I hear in 1996, or Gas, or of course, most phenomenally, the Studio 1 collection.
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

thanks for bringing this up guys...a new jack like me might have missed some of the older stuff..
this studio 1 isshhh is def off the hizzy!!!
it really makes the idea behind hawtin's concept one seem not that original (not to say they are not amazing records)

i think you guys should keep on posting some of the older stuff. i'm very interested.
minitrash
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minitrash »

best records ever!!!!
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

Timeless :wink:
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

vintage.

we need to bring back this sound.
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

I think it's happening, there's definately a retro or oldschool sound to a lot of the newer minimal releases.
intrinsic212
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by intrinsic212 »

Amazing music. Have owned all the studio 1 stuff since it came out, and still have 2 or 3 in my box almost every time I play. Major influence