Minimal in Romania

- open
Calin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Calin »

it's all about the enthusiasm of the crowd and big passion for the music of the ppl i work with. it's about friendship and sharing great moments...every artist that performed here felt this. maybe that's why the set's recorded here are special and they receive such great feedback everywhere including this forum.
of course minimal it's becoming a hyped thing in romania but the scene is far from losing its charm:) of course they are haters here that are calling mnml music evertyhing they cannot understand. but with every party we make we are showing ppl that it's all about fun and dancing to good music..not one specific genre.
in this context it's normal for local dj to improve themselves...playing beside such great artists gives them the drive and motivation.
pedro and rhadoo are from 3 years now residents of Circoloco @ DC 10...raresh is getting more and more support from the cocoon team, ricardo, luciano, sunrise crew ...and almost every person that gets to know him:) . i think his simple, modest and friendly attitude it's the key to his succes along with hard work and big love for music.

so...i think its worthy to jump in a plane this summer to party with us..whatever will keep u informed about what and when and how :D
minimal mui elegante
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

cause the "why" has already been answered above :D
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

Every east european country is a hot spot to party. Specially in the

Ballkans, where everything is almost fresh: people, music, clubs and the

way of having fun.

Can't forget Dave Mothersole's words when he played the 1st time in

Prishtina (Kosovo) back in 2001. " Sh*t ... it reminds me England in

the '90s.... hmmmm u know acid house era"
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

OKay what about places to sleep, backpackers or cheap hotels.. And what can we be expecting to spend in euros based on the following daily requirements:

*Backpacker/hotel per night
*pack of smokes
*breakfast, lunch, diner, midnight snack
*Entrance to the party w/drinks
*Daytrips

Flights are about 200 euro from Amsterdam.
katie_m
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by katie_m »

romaniaaaaa!what a lovely topic....i had2 gigs in november there...to tell u the truth i was kinda relactant...didnt have any friends been there b4 to tell me ....and dilo went after me at the same party we played....so he was like "u go , u tell me..."..i thought it would b a good idea just to travel in a country i dont know if i would go in any other case....
bad for me cuz i had a great time!both gigs were fantastic...played 6hrs on each...the ppl there warm and ready for party till they drop....the country beautiful and imagine i didnt go to bucharest...i was in oradea and cluj!
the clubs i played were really good and many ppl were travelling from other cities just for the party...i hope it will grow more and more the scene there r several ppl doing a great work there....like the stereo events ppl...maresh,vlad(thank u thank u i love u!) also the sunrise...i cant wait to go back!
undergrnd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by undergrnd »

thank you for the kind words
we loved your music too
cheers
kenny dies all the time
www.myspace.com/undergrnd
JayBliss
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by JayBliss »

Bucharest is already huge with minimal, thanks to Sunrise mostly.
But there are small growing comunities now all around the country and it wouldn't be a bad ideea to spend about 2 weeks around and visit more cities. If you come in summer time, the best would be to go to the seaside, because there are the hot spots. A good ideea would be to come on the 1rst of may, when is the season opening at the seaside, because that's when the big parties take place for a whole week-end. It's crazy every year.
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

Sunrise was the first booking agency that made mnml parties in Romania, in the summer of 2005 with rich, magda, troy pierce, marc houle and many others ! Now the mnml scene is a little poor. But there will be some names like heartthrob, richie, matt john, zip, alex under and some others not confirmed yet. Also Stereo Events is coming along with some wicked small and undergroud parties with not such big names in romania, but great music (ex. Katou, Dilo). Anyway the parties are great here and the people really know how to have fun.. just do a youtube search about that :)