Ricardo Kick

- ask away
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Ricardo Kick

Post by Themis »

AK wrote:it's impossible for example, for the xbase to be better than the 808 at being an 808.
haha, thats true indeed.
but i dont think someone said that.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

AK wrote:
Rein wrote:i thought that ricardo said his jomox xbase sounds better than the 808, and after an a b comparison, they agreed that the jomox sounds better indeed.
Better in what way?
i don't know, gotta ask them :lol:
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

"No. With Martin, we work differently. We build things up. With Ricardo it was similar. The reason I did something with him, though, was just because I wanted to listen to my 808 on his soundsystem. He doesn't have an 808, and he always says, "Ah, I don't need this machine." And he also somehow doesn't like the 909 as well. He doesn't like the real machines, he wants to have machines that just imitate the 808, you know. I don't know why. And actually, when I connected it, it didn't sound as good as I thought it would for some reason.

It's funny. He has the biggest speakers and subwoofers in the world. So I guess it's too much; it sounds kind of fat and unbelievably loud and full of sound, but usually the 808 in a club will sound perfect through the speakers. When the soundsystem is nice, the 808—without EQing and without compression—sounds perfect, but not in Ricardo's studio, I don't know what happened there."

This is from the tobias interview on RA, don't know where all that jomox comes from but not from this interview.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

blizt wrote:" the 808—without EQing and without compression—sounds perfect"
important info
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

steevio wrote:
blizt wrote:" the 808—without EQing and without compression—sounds perfect"
important info
What else matters? I'd rather have something that sounds in a club rather than something that sounds good in Ricardo's studio.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

blizt wrote:
it sounds kind of fat and unbelievably loud and full of sound.
I don't know about anyone else but that sounds pretty good to me. How can that be a negative?
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

blizt wrote:don't know where all that jomox comes from but not from this interview.
Think that came from the jomox website, they list him as having the xbase 999 but it doesn't necessarily mean he uses it in his productions.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

have we really got nothing better to talk about :(