steevio on his modular

- ask away
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: steevio on his modular

Post by jackbrazzo »

I am very impressed, sounds excellent.

Perhaps the only downer is the portability of the thing - Have you thought about going some gigs in London - You are bound to get some trust me!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the set up will fit into most venues with a little work I think. I think the problem is that very few people are actually paying attention.

I'm starting a night in Oxford soon, I'll book you.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

oblioblioblio -Where in Oxford do you live? Where are you doing the night also? I'm from Oxford and was just thinking the other day that there is nothing on an I really believe it would be a good place to start something. I used to really enjoy the Cellar.

Steevio post some of them obscure ones up please. I have no idea what Jazz Techno sounds like.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

BLM.... i've been living on the fringes close ish to Abingdon with my mother for a while now. about to move into east oxford near to the BMW plant (not confirmed though)

It's a tough city for music... really high student population who come and go every 3 years (and so many of them are utter pricks), and its so close to bristol and london that many people just go elsewhere for nights (I do). But, Oxford has all the right demographics of people living in the city... just needs someone to put the effort into it (and loose some money).

I was close to moving out of the city but I realised I could make Oxford a nice place to live by doing something. It has all the right ingredients as a city already, but no good music scene reinforces the inbuilt Oxford cliquey circle vibes.

I've tried really hard to go out, but so much of it is really cliquey, stale or sh!t. Lots of people tell me the cellar has nice vibes but the music is always shite. The Coven is a cool venue but again, sh!t music, friends of friends, stale ideas.

Lots of oldschool local guys like Truck (who opened a music store), FOTB are friendly, but their various parties have seen their heyday and they've lost their freshness.

I'm not sure how to do it right and who to appeal to. I guess I just have to do my own thing. Might try to get East Oxford Community Centre... like that place and good location.

calling it Trust Sound
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote: most of my other stuff is freeform jazz techno, and quite complex, maybe not suitable for this forum.
:lol: Don't be so presumptuos man. I dunno what 'freeform jazz techno' is, but I don't want to be denied it mate. 8)
Last edited by AK on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

db post
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:
steevio wrote: most of my other stuff is freeform jazz techno, and quite complex, maybe not suitable for this forum.
:lol: Don't be so presumptuos man. I dunno what 'freeform jazz techno' is, but I don't want to be denied it mate. 8)
haha neither do i bro :) but it certainly isnt minimal. i'll have a dig.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

@oblioblioblio

yeah i'll do it thanks, but right now i'm in studio recording stuff for a few months, got to get some vinyl out.