DERPOIDS MOTHAFUCKAS DO YOU HAZ THEM?
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: make music then what...?

Post by luco »

steevio wrote:
luco wrote:
i make music not a writer i, ther label means sh!t to me, fukin derps (u hear me label owners) DERPS
so i'm a derp, but how about the thousands of derps who send me spam demos in an email, without even a 'hey steevio' at the top, with files i have to download on my slow internet connection if i want to hear them, can you guess howmany of those i've ever listened to ?

if there are no labels out there you respect, then you have to do it yourself, simple as.

'getting signed' is a strange way to look at succeeding in underground dance music.
i know hundreds of label owners, and far from being derps they are usually very astute, intelligent people who release the music they like, no matter who you are.
the only way to succeed is to make quality music that people want to hear, the system couldnt be simpler.

when i look for music for my label, i have to absolutely believe in that music, hear something in it i havent heard before, i have to think the artist is a fcking genius, and this is one of the reasons i hardly release anything at all, because i just dont hear it. what i mostly hear is clones of successful contemporaries, or past innovators.

if you want to succeed, make some good music, thats the hardest part, the rest will fall into place.
u cant possible be serious??
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

luco wrote:
ray parry wrote:
kivetros wrote:
ray parry wrote:if you're not getting signed, your music is prob not quite there yet. Either that or youre being a derp yourself and not knowing how to constuct a simple email to the label owners. good quality music always gets through in the end.
Are label owners even interested in listening to demos from people they've never even heard of before, though? I am a nobody. I don't DJ anywhere, my music doesn't have a lot of exposure at all, and I just started getting serious about actual techno this year. Would a label owner even be bothered to open an email from a totally unknown guy like me?

-K
Well they will open the email, because it could be anything. If you just go ahead an plant your tracks in the first email I doubt many will listen, but if you take 5mins to write an email that makes them have to answer a question most of the time they will reply.

your telling me that a label owner who gets thousands if not millions of demos sent a day that they have the time to even open and read the email and then download a link to the track ? or do u mean put a link to your soundcloud ect???? but how are they going to see the track if its private ????

also do labels just want 100% finished tracks what if the mix for instance needs changing slighty or theres an out of key effect thats just holding the track back from being tepidity cool
why would you send a label an unfinished track? no offence pal, but do you want to be taken seriously? No undeground labels get sent millions or thousands of demos a day. you're really over complcating things.

this is all that needs to be said:

Hi Label
my name is luco.
I really like your label and was wondering if you are taking demos at the moment? If so will downloadable links be fine?
Many thanks
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

luco wrote:
steevio wrote:
luco wrote:
i make music not a writer i, ther label means sh!t to me, fukin derps (u hear me label owners) DERPS
so i'm a derp, but how about the thousands of derps who send me spam demos in an email, without even a 'hey steevio' at the top, with files i have to download on my slow internet connection if i want to hear them, can you guess howmany of those i've ever listened to ?

if there are no labels out there you respect, then you have to do it yourself, simple as.

'getting signed' is a strange way to look at succeeding in underground dance music.
i know hundreds of label owners, and far from being derps they are usually very astute, intelligent people who release the music they like, no matter who you are.
the only way to succeed is to make quality music that people want to hear, the system couldnt be simpler.

when i look for music for my label, i have to absolutely believe in that music, hear something in it i havent heard before, i have to think the artist is a fcking genius, and this is one of the reasons i hardly release anything at all, because i just dont hear it. what i mostly hear is clones of successful contemporaries, or past innovators.

if you want to succeed, make some good music, thats the hardest part, the rest will fall into place.
i'm totally serious, what makes you think i'm not ?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

luco wrote:
also do labels just want 100% finished tracks what if the mix for instance needs changing slighty or theres an out of key effect thats just holding the track back from being tepidity cool
u cant possibly be serious.
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

ray parry wrote:
luco wrote:
ray parry wrote:
kivetros wrote:
ray parry wrote:if you're not getting signed, your music is prob not quite there yet. Either that or youre being a derp yourself and not knowing how to constuct a simple email to the label owners. good quality music always gets through in the end.
Are label owners even interested in listening to demos from people they've never even heard of before, though? I am a nobody. I don't DJ anywhere, my music doesn't have a lot of exposure at all, and I just started getting serious about actual techno this year. Would a label owner even be bothered to open an email from a totally unknown guy like me?

-K
Well they will open the email, because it could be anything. If you just go ahead an plant your tracks in the first email I doubt many will listen, but if you take 5mins to write an email that makes them have to answer a question most of the time they will reply.

your telling me that a label owner who gets thousands if not millions of demos sent a day that they have the time to even open and read the email and then download a link to the track ? or do u mean put a link to your soundcloud ect???? but how are they going to see the track if its private ????

why would you send a label an unfinished track? no offence pal, but do you want to be taken seriously? No undeground labels get sent millions or thousands of demos a day. you're really over complcating things.

this is all that needs to be said:

Hi Label
my name is luco.
I really like your label and was wondering if you are taking demos at the moment? If so will downloadable links be fine?
Many thanks

BECAUSE WHY WOULD I WANT TO SIT AND PERFECT A MIX TO MY TASTE WHEN THERE COULD BE A MAJOR FLAW THAT COULD BE SIMPLY CHANGED AT AN EARLY STAGE. SURLY A BUILD AND DROP WOULD SUFFICE?

IN YOUR OPINION WHAT DO LABELS REALLY LOOK FOR ARRANGEMENT/ SOUND DESIGN / OTHER IMAGE ETC??

DO U BELIEVE THAT EVERY ARTIST MAKES/PRODUCERS THERE OWN TRACKS? even WHEN THERE ARE BETTER PRODUCERS ON THE LABEL???

ps sorry for the capitals
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

steevio wrote:
luco wrote:
steevio wrote:
luco wrote:

i'm totally serious, what makes you think i'm not ?

why would a established label owner have a slow internet connection in this digital realm?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

luco wrote:

why would a established label owner have a slow internet connection in this digital realm?
try living in the mountains of Wales bro