Moog Anounces: Moog Minitaur ( NAMM 2012 )

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Moog Anounces: Moog Minitaur ( NAMM 2012 )

Post by oblioblioblio »

my favourite stuff right now is modular, almost everything else really bores me. I could see how one of the more classic synths like Moog or Roland drums could fit into a set up doing innovative sequencing or whatever. I may come across all hot and heavy but I'm not a total dck.

TO anyone splashing out serious cash wanting a performance instrument I would give a lot fo thought to whther modular can work. It's a piece of piss to understand, the only problem is the price.

Those Flower Electronic boxes are probably more for experimental musicians (no reason why that has nothing to do with techno though, I see the 2 forms of expression as having a lot fo crossover), anways, I was just really impressed that someone could do something very simple and relatively affordable that was playable as well as covering ground that had not been covered before. We need more stuff like that. (see also, Flight of Harmony or Rob Hordijk)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

[quote="oblioblioblio"]

No Roland kick drums or 24dB low pass square oscillator rubbish.

What the hell is rubbish about Roland kickdrums or a square oscillator/LP filter? :?
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

AK wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote:

What the hell is rubbish about Roland kickdrums or a square oscillator/LP filter? :?
I think obli is just after something new. I'm sure we have all been there, or maybe we are still there!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

AK wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote:

if they weren't so everpresent I wouldn't have a problem with them. I just think it's sad that those things are so dominating of the current gear marketplace. If I heard them in a record I probably wouldn't care if the music was good, but for my own music I want to find something different and I want tools that allow me to explore.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I thought he was happy with his modular?

When I read his posts, I get a sense that he's none too happy and has experienced a loss of enthusiam for electronic music, I once went completely off electronic music as well and I too hated all electronic sounds as obli does. I got more into live acoustic stuff but then that has done a U-turn again in the last 2 yrs and I just try and embrace the music now rather than fight with it.

I have a mate in a band who hates all synthesizers and anything that doesn't come from a guitar, he nearly turned me once but then I realised how silly he looked with dyed red hair and tartan trousers on stage and realised where my musical love lies.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

^^^^ You must have submitted your post while I was typing mine, didn't see that or I would have addressed you not typed it to look like you weren't there. :oops:
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

AK wrote:^^^^ You must have submitted your post while I was typing mine, didn't see that or I would have addressed you not typed it to look like you weren't there. :oops:
heheh, no worries, no offence taken.

I get depressed with EDM sometimes. The culture and the music. I can sometimes go thru a whole night and have a great time but sometimes I get sick to my stomache and bored to tears by constant kick drums. I also find that it's really hard to explore the other spaces with electronic music without it seeming really wanky and annoying.

I want to find the hedonistic immersive side of noise and I often get depressed that no-one gets annoyed with techno like I do and that noone can find the rhythm in drone like me.

Meh, I'm sounding like a horrible little prick blabbering on about myself.

Some of the module machines make me excited about making music like playing with acoustic instruments can do. Haven't done music with 'real' instruments for quite a while now.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

probably my fault 4 answering 4 him...