IS this forum dying?

- open
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: IS this forum dying?

Post by simonb »

TechnoMusic wrote:To be fair though I tend to spend a lot more time on gearslutz and IDMF than here.
See, I much prefer here to Gearslutz. Here there's a lot of discussion of technique, inspiration, theory and so on - alongside more esoteric and advanced discussion - whereas on Gearslutz to get to that good stuff you have to wade through pages and pages of gear comparison, x vs y, how do I make this sound, what do I buy, wanking over analogue synths, etc.

Even when the discussion here gets into modular debates and purchasing decisions and so on it's still relating to a certain purpose and there's likely to be some worthwhile input.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

For me the experience of writing in forums is beyond the facebook or SoundCloud. Here there is more opportunity to spread your words to a more specialized community. Every time I write is a small victory to the timidity of the artist.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

isn't it just generally so that people seem to be less and less interested in music? I mean, look at all the baords where releases are posted: hardly anyone reacts to those. But dj sets, oelala, plenty of action there... if it's a Ricardo set that is.

producer forum is wicked though, a database for tricks and knowledge. too bad no one dares to ask questions because you get virtualy beaten to death first (*)
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

PsyTox wrote:
producer forum is wicked though, a database for tricks and knowledge. too bad no one dares to ask questions because you get virtualy beaten to death first (*)
should all be a little more understanding and patience. when I have a virus normally ask for help from a page on spyware. I'm totally newbie but experts always take the necessary trouble free and made ​​every effort until my computer is completely clean
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

simonb wrote:
TechnoMusic wrote:To be fair though I tend to spend a lot more time on gearslutz and IDMF than here.
See, I much prefer here to Gearslutz. Here there's a lot of discussion of technique, inspiration, theory and so on - alongside more esoteric and advanced discussion - whereas on Gearslutz to get to that good stuff you have to wade through pages and pages of gear comparison, x vs y, how do I make this sound, what do I buy, wanking over analogue synths, etc.

Even when the discussion here gets into modular debates and purchasing decisions and so on it's still relating to a certain purpose and there's likely to be some worthwhile input.
Sweet mother of lord I got annoyed the sht out of me on Gearslutz today. Tried to find some infos on Jomox and got instead some 3 pages of girl-talk about who said what to who in what tone (and this is absoutely not uncommon there, like a daycare for spoiled children of some sort). Grow a sack for chrissake.

So: "Long live mnml!" :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

yeahok I get it, sluts are supposed to bitch and moan all the time.
and mnml is the only forum I visit frequently imo it's doing perfectly fine.

kthxbye
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

I love these forums. I've gained a ton of knowledge and have discovered a ton of stuff here. Always fun when you meet someone that comes here as well. I pretty much think this forum is the center for minimal techno and house information in the world.

Would be fun to get some stats of active users vs inactive? I think there was a post way back that showed the most common search terms here and what not.

Lastly, no MNUS hate threads this year? Those used to be fun.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

haha, I think that's because they are pretty irrelevant these days.

Anyway, I think the forum is what it is - sometimes there's something worth talking about and other times there isnt.

I do think the forum suffers from the spam users, and registration could be tightened to prevent this.
It's also a shame that the members mixes section is now hidden away, most of the time I forget to check it or forget it's still there.