What Minimal Techno Means for You? in one sentence.

- open
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Have fun and continue to get inspired by making/ playing/listening to cool electronic music.
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

Coog wrote:Have fun and continue to get inspired by making/ playing/listening to cool electronic music.
+1 i love getting inspired!
blockup

Post by blockup »

grace anxiety wrote:this thread is cringeworthy
Thank FCK i thought it was just me shaking my head in disbelief.
mqX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mqX »

K0$+3k wrote:
mqX wrote:right, but i guess we speak about about modern minimal as today music genre. ;)
You have right ,but discussion came about "minimal",so we can't create precedent (some kid reading this may think that Richie H. invented the concept),stylistics of music and visual arts are twinned,so...
understood you position and agree! :)
K0$+3k wrote:
mqX wrote:"By the second half of 2006, the term 'minimal' had in many ways become contradictory, as it serves as a denominator for the tech house sounds of the moment, many of which should rather be coined as 'maximal' in terms of their sonic content, in contrast to the original stripped down, i.e. minimalist electronic genre."
Yes.There is big giant gap between mnml house and mnml techno(indicating to the second),and even bigger between mnml techno and real mminimal(music).
And second thing:If you will be able to create definitions (sentence) about any movement in art(music too),that will be sign to beginning to end of it.
i can hear the differents of between techno, detroit-techno, house, tech-house, minimal. the later two are sometimes hard to identify (in the todays defination of minimal). tech house is likely more wild then what i would call "maximal". So at this point i would love to break down music in more patterns (genres). Its much more easy to browse you favorite style for example on beatport.

Yep. If you could create definations of any music it would be an end. But there is always the defination of "experimental" (not as a genre) which is very dynamic. ;)

sorry for going off topic here..

greetz
blockup

Post by blockup »

Pigeonholes :roll:
K0$+3k
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by K0$+3k »

blockup wrote:Pigeonholes :roll:
You see that,every kids band on mtv does't want to be on pigeonhole.It's banality to throw up....
Taylor Norris
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Taylor Norris »

Minimal is more than just a genre of music but a way of life, stripped down to the essentials w/o all the distractions and nonsense.
blockup

Post by blockup »

Taylor Norris wrote:Minimal is more than just a genre of music but a way of life, stripped down to the essentials w/o all the distractions and nonsense.
No its just the in vogue of shoot of Techno.