[VANT001] Arapu - Modulatia EP

- wax
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [VANT001] Arapu - Modulatia EP

Post by Papa Bear »

pastapiu wrote:dude, come on, chill
Dude, trust me, i'm more Zen right now than Dalai fuking Lama. I was just simply expressing a mild existential shock at the sudden influx of all these new names in the "minimal" music scene.

No agitation here, i promise.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Papa Bear wrote:
pastapiu wrote:dude, come on, chill
Dude, trust me, i'm more Zen right now than Dalai fuking Lama. I was just simply expressing a mild existential shock at the sudden influx of all these new names in the "minimal" music scene.

No agitation here, i promise.
no your expressing prejudice against artists you've never heard about, especially romanian artists it seems. just stfu already and stop whining ...you aint close to zen if all you do is whine on messaged boards :lol: :roll:
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

I'm starting to think you have romanian blood in you, b-ran. You're probably the most ardent advocate of romanian music on this board.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

breton wrote:I'm starting to think you have romanian blood in you, b-ran. You're probably the most ardent advocate of romanian music on this board.
regardless of whether i like this music or not, i don't hate on it... like you two do. if i dont like something, chances are I just don't comment on it.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

b-ran wrote:regardless of whether i like this music or not, i don't hate on it...
'hate' is too strong a word, Matt. i just tell it like it is. that is all.
b-ran wrote:if i dont like something, chances are I just don't comment on it.
How very mature of you.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

b-ran wrote:no your expressing prejudice against artists you've never heard about, especially romanian artists it seems. just stfu already and stop whining ...you aint close to zen if all you do is whine on messaged boards :lol: :roll:
Artists that i've never heard about? That's a preposterous assumption. I hear their shitty music almost every day when i do my usual search through new releases on Juno. And every time it sounds the same. I feel like my IQ goes down a bit every time i hear their bland, unimaginative music. It's as if one of these guys made an extremely mediocre track in Ableton, then made a hundred different versions of this track each featuring some slight, barely noticeable variation from the original, and then sent all these versions to all these other guys and they started releasing these as their own work. It's that bad. No, i'm not prejudiced against them. I just honestly think their music sucks.

Also, i wouldn't call these guys artists. At least not in a traditional sense of that word. Petre Inspirescu is an artist, for example, and a very talented one indeed. These guys aren't. They are just kids who have too much free time on their hands and an Ableton installed on their laptops. Although to give credits where they due, they must be really smart if they managed to figure out a way to successfully convert human excrement into an mp3 format.
GLAM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by GLAM »

If you think this is the worst you can listen to when you go through new releases, I think you're doing pretty ok.

And doesn't this all boil down to the funny signature with "can't be a leader if are a follower" or something? Not all artists can break ground by themselves or invent a new sound signature over night - doesn't make them less artistic. Naturally, given the success of RPR a new generation inspired by them pops up. Time will then tell who really have talent and who just replicated an idea - and that is how it always is.

I'm not particularly impressed with most of their output either, but calling it human excrement is not fair.
souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by souat »

Papa Bear wrote:
b-ran wrote:no your expressing prejudice against artists you've never heard about, especially romanian artists it seems. just stfu already and stop whining ...you aint close to zen if all you do is whine on messaged boards :lol: :roll:
Artists that i've never heard about? That's a preposterous assumption. I hear their shitty music almost every day when i do my usual search through new releases on Juno. And every time it sounds the same. I feel like my IQ goes down a bit every time i hear their bland, unimaginative music. It's as if one of these guys made an extremely mediocre track in Ableton, then made a hundred different versions of this track each featuring some slight, barely noticeable variation from the original, and then sent all these versions to all these other guys and they started releasing these as their own work. It's that bad. No, i'm not prejudiced against them. I just honestly think their music sucks.

Also, i wouldn't call these guys artists. At least not in a traditional sense of that word. Petre Inspirescu is an artist, for example, and a very talented one indeed. These guys aren't. They are just kids who have too much free time on their hands and an Ableton installed on their laptops. Although to give credits where they due, they must be really smart if they managed to figure out a way to successfully convert human excrement into an mp3 format.
u are that guy who says that understand 001 is "NOT CONSIDERED COOL ANYMORE"..
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... 5&start=13
after this ^^ i think u cant talk about the music/artists an so on.. maybe on MTV forum..

sory mate but u really are the biggest lamer on this forum lately...