what the fck is happening in london

- open
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: what the fck is happening in london

Post by ray parry »

BBC news tonight is saying that it was a religious thing. the man born a christian turned to Islam and then started researching all the the things going on in Syria and Afghanistan. Sounds like hes been brainwashed then. a real shame...

Regarding schools and religion in the UK. It is taught, but its not biased. . However i cant actually get a school place here in London at the moment for my little one because we are not part of any faith group and all the schools around me are faith schools, which is obviously rubbish because they shouldn't be able to pick and choose based on faith.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ray parry wrote:born a christian
Just one thing, nobody is born a christian/muslim/buddhist.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

breton wrote:
they are if forced upon them.

I do agree with you btw im just being a dck and thats what the news said.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

in my opinion its wrong to reduce the whole problem to religion

and the answer is a bit to easy -> get rid of religion = get rid of terrorists?

dont be silly.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i hear british media covering this like it was a terrorist attack against the UK?

i see bad things happen if the media is focusing on the religion.

i guess there are many people in UK who are frustrated with their politians and their lifes over the last years.
i fear that a lot of that anger could unload against civilians/moslems, if the media isnt careful.

ironic, i could imagine it would only need a good talker/preacher to get some of these people go out and raid some mosques.
nobody would call them terrorists though.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Themis wrote:i dont think that a specific religion is the cause for the actions these people take.
its way more complicated than that.

as long as there are billions who have no hope, no future - compared to your average european/american - there will always be a religion or idiologie who gives these people a motivation
very well said.
breton wrote:
very true.

in the end, it's easier to blame (anything) for that matter. religion included vs. having any accountability. sure this is the unavoidable topic that media hatred is and will focus on "terrorist" related religious beliefs, but I highly down any total death toll of Islam would even come close to the millions of ppl were murdered in the name of christianity. they could blame starbucks of the coffee they drank that day, and then it would push the blame off someone just being crazy. it's such an outdated argument to whats underneath.. in the end people choose things they may regret for the rest of their life..

to me : the argument is stale and a waste of energy to blame religion. I think you hit the nail on the head. if someone has no hope and loses all faith, then anything possibly imagined would be a justified thought.. and nothing would seem extreme.. which has nothing to do with religion. their are millions Muslims who are very peaceful and spiritual human beings. I guess if the jewish people in the US own the media, instead of putting energy into a resolution, it's justified to push forward hatred, which will come back.

as someone once wrote : energy is never destroyed : only transferred..

I didn't read/see anything other than a quick facebook post video, in where he seem to feel justified for "his" people.. so that in and of itself is his justification, he wanted to harm/kill someone for the loss of "his" people.. and felt the need to act out on the very same actions that created his loss, keeping horrific energy in motion.. he just passed forward the mental/emotional pain to someone else that he felt - for the reason to feel better..

no logic, or sense, just in an effort to manage his own emotions of pain and suffering...

now only creating it for others.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

I'm just going to put this one here...

One of the most important books ever. It's not an easy read, but definitely worth the effort.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Nietzsche's work is fantastic.... I have only read a bit of it but he was definitely a truly intelligent man. The truth is though... Islamic and western philosophies are incompatible... no matter how far one stretches the truth or reason.

People who truly believe in hardcore Islam don't belong in the western world. Simple fact.

The bullshit that is transpiring today at the acquiescence of western governments is unforgivable. Multiculturalism in a failed philosophy... just look at what is going on in Sweden for example... there have been five straight days of rioting by immigrants who shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I live in Canada... which is a multicultural democracy and I would be the first person to say that it sucks. I gain nothing from the multitudes of foreigners and their offspring that I have to deal with every day. Multiculturalism is a fool's errand.

It sucks that I have to live amongst them but at least we don't seem to be suffering as much as Sweden is. I have read that Sweden had the highest rate of rape in Europe and that foreigners are way over represented by a magnitude in rape statistics.

Off topic but if you are the kind of person who reads Nietzsche's work then please give Immanual Kant a try... even just read “What is Enlightenment”. I don't agree with everything but I feel that he was writing under duress of the society and times in which he lived.

The western world need to re-embrace Reason and reject modern lies and smokescreens for a Hail Mary social engineering experiment.